Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting
(02-22-2018, 06:09 AM)guohua Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 05:26 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 07:42 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Everyone is moving to DTube because of the censorship on YouTube.   We need a way to share their videos here.

A really good one by Anti School being missed here.

Got a link to this "DTube"? If you do, I'll go poke around and figure out a way to share... 'cause YouTube is going down faster than a high schooler on prom night.

Maybe these links will help.
Link

Link

Link

Or just this Link

Thanks. Looking over what I can get to, it appears that Dtube is some sort of peer-to-peer file sharing network. I don't think there will be any easy way to post them here to view embedded in the webpage because of that. It looks like the video has to be downloaded to any intermediary, and then either streamed or downloaded from there to your local machine. Good for anti-censorship, but bad for centralized video serving.

Also, there is probably no single source of the videos, but rather several sources to draw from, like a torrent. That would make it sort of difficult to stream through a standard web page, as different parts of the video would be downloaded from different servers in no particular order. I believe that's why the whole video has to be downloaded to any intermediaries before it can be streamed by the end user.

Probably your best bet is to just post the link to the video so that anyone who wants to watch it can download it to their local machine, which does strengthen the anti-censorship aspect - the more copies of a thing that are out there, the harder it is to eradicate.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Ninurta - 02-23-2018, 06:11 AM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 02-27-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 03-27-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 03-27-2018, 11:57 AM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 12:40 PM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 03-24-2019, 10:17 AM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 03-24-2019, 08:52 PM