Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting
(02-14-2018, 10:34 PM)BIAD Wrote: Let's just hope the injuries are non-life threatening.

What makes people behave this way? *Shakes head*

Batshit crazy makes people behave this way.

It's our fault, really. All of us. We are the ones who have made this batshit crazy world that coddle batshit crazy people that do batshit crazy things. I can't help myself. I'm a product of the life and times I've lived, same as these batshit crazy folks. It's just that my life and times were vastly different. We were taught and trained to handle adversity, and handle it we did. Not by going off in a batshit crazy manner and taking out innocent folk who had nothing at all to do with whatever adversity we were meeting at the time, but by drilling into the adversity itself, until it either coughed and died, or killed US.

In the high school I went to, bullying was not the same issue as it is today, for example. Sure, it was around... but you met it head on and handled it, usually to the bully's detriment. Or yours. But there was not this "poor Johnny, he's getting bullied" bullshit we hear today.

Everyone didn't get a trophy back then, because not everyone deserves a trophy. Handing 'em out like candy kills the drive to excel, which is so desperately needed today... but which, when found, is met with by derision from such like as the Social Justice Brigade. Fuck a bunch of Social Justice. The only Social Justice you get is the Social Justice you make. it don't mean a damned thing if it's just handed to you, like an Everybody Trophy. It kills the drive to excel, in just the same way.

We didn't have these mass school shootings back then, because we did not promote them by coddling pussies and promoting abject pussiedom. On any given day, you could find a dozen pickup trucks with as many (or more) rifles and shotguns in them in the school parking lot, and you know, there never was nor ever has been a single school shooting in our schools, much less mass slaughter. We didn't have metal detectors or resource officers. Didn't need them. We handled our own messes.

Then there's the fact that back then, people who did batshit crazy stuff like this didn't usually live long enough to rise to this level of batshit craziness. Some few did, but not nearly in the numbers they do today. Then along came this new world, where batshit crazy is coddled, it's given a hug and a trophy, and then turned loose on an unsuspecting world that really ought to be expecting it. You reap what you sew. If you sew ragweed and expect to reap corn, then you're an idiot. We have a world full of idiots nowadays, it seems.

Now, it's an utterly different world, and it's a world we either made, or allowed to happen. How did we get here? We either drove the goddamned bus here, or rode it without twisting the driver's ear hard enough and telling him to pull the hell over.

This is OUR fault, for raising a generation of pussies who can't handle adversity without going batshit crazy.

I guess rants like this are why I'll never be President... but I stand by the rant.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Ninurta - 02-15-2018, 07:35 AM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 02-27-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 03-27-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 03-27-2018, 11:57 AM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 12:40 PM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 03-24-2019, 10:17 AM
RE: At least 20 injured in Fla. high school shooting - by Wallfire - 03-24-2019, 08:52 PM