Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Media & Their Narratives.
(11-09-2022, 01:00 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Not sure where to go with this thread. It's all over the place  tinywondering

However, on the one with an "amnesty", I vote no. 

Somehow I am not convinced a crowd who hoped I had died, now seeing I am alive and well, want's to "forget about it". Just kidding. No hard feelings.

That bunch have already shown their a**. They are not sincere about anything except their level of hate for those they differ from. If a new opportunity came about tomorrow for shipping me off to the camps, they would be cheerleading just as loud as before. 

As far as the author trying to gaslight the readers about what happened? Sounds about right. The truth is way to inconvenient on those matters. 

If I am honest, I am glad the whole thing happened. I now know who I can count on to sell me down the river for the least reason. That's good to know.

I totally agree with your comments, ABNARTY.

It's tragic that the 'whole thing' you mentioned was perceived by the media was nothing more than another emotive topic that
outrage-causing articles could be written about. It was never viewed as personal -on the level of intimate sensitivity, merely a
vehicle to draw in viewership and interest.

The fact of life in the established media and the bottom-feeders on the internet who receive an income from this eternal ocean
of indignation, counter-arguments, snide-comments and fake bloated offence are fodder for a machine where on one feeds the
other. They stir up the sh*t and then write about. They write sh*t and comment about it. They imagine sh*t that would enrage
a reader and then write about it.

Virtue has no longer a place in a News Desk and common-sense is shouted-down when pages or air-time are needed to retain
those much-needed advertising monies. When a flu appeared that could seriously effect those with damaged immune systems,
it was pushed with passion by the media and a nod was made to Joseph Goebbels' comment regarding the Big Lie.

It was obvious to most that the idea that personal responsibility of one's physical body demands the owner of that body decides
what he-or-she can do to, could never be a debatable issue, but the media thundered on with their pro-jab narrative knowing
full-well it would cultivate a divisive paradigm where their work could flourish and support their ailing trade.

It's that simple. I find the organisation of news-gathering, news-influencing and media-lobbying fascinating. Agencies are packed
to the gills with articulate, theme-driven people skilled in verbal magnetism. Many of them have academic degrees on subjects
entirely different from what they're commenting about, but the letters after their surnames is hoped to convince the viewing public
that they have an authority on what they are saying and should be listened to.

But it was never personal... even for the awe-inspiring, all-encompassing, global disease that suddenly faded away like newsprint
on a wet Wednesday morning and suddenly, a fourteen year-old war in a Slavic country became the new Covid or Bird Flu or Trump
or BLM... it was never personal.

The media have moved on now and can't we just all be friends again? I swear Charlie, I won't snatch the ball away this time.
tinysure

Politicians use the media and vice-versa, they entertain like Troubadours and surreptitiously deliver an agreed message simply
because it pays the monthly mortgage. In the echelon of media-presentation, the prizes tend to be power-based along with
the riches. But the ranting on social-media, the fires burning in a food-outlet or the Government-driven dictates that demand
the public stay in their houses until the flu-Passover... they were never personal.

They were never personal because it has been a long time since the public has ever been perceived as special by the media.
They don't listen to the public, but it is never personal. It's just a job where people with dignity are mocked for their innocence
and silly things like morals just get in the way.
tinysure
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
The Media & Their Narratives. - by BIAD - 08-31-2022, 11:58 AM
RE: The Media & Their Narratives. - by 727Sky - 08-31-2022, 01:36 PM
RE: The Media & Their Narratives. - by Snarl - 08-31-2022, 03:41 PM
RE: The Media & Their Narratives. - by BIAD - 09-01-2022, 11:03 AM
RE: The Media & Their Narratives. - by BIAD - 09-06-2022, 09:00 AM
RE: The Media & Their Narratives. - by Snarl - 09-12-2022, 02:30 PM
RE: The Media & Their Narratives. - by Ninurta - 09-12-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: The Media & Their Narratives. - by Snarl - 09-12-2022, 06:51 PM
RE: The Media & Their Narratives. - by Ninurta - 09-12-2022, 08:21 PM