Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Geologist claims found Christ tomb...
(09-21-2016, 03:46 PM)BIAD Wrote: The thing that gets me is that Christianity is an oppressed religion, a belief structure born
from a time when it's faithful were under the thumb of a powerful force.
Hence, there's a lot of forgiveness in the religion and a wish that we can all live in peace.

Nothing wrong in that! -and I can see how such a belief would also involve the idea that the
need to pray to this deity would have no boundaries... no particular place to commune with
the deity.

What really grabs my nads... if that is still vogue to say it, that is... is how the religeon has
changed and now churches are the only-real place to seek grace with God.

The keepers of the faith wear garments that set them aside from the faith's followers and
the buildings of this religion hold valuables that do not relate to the original humble
beginnings.

Does God like gold...? Didn't he scribe to Moses that to fall before a false idol is wrong?
Like a cross or a supposed death-shroud from a crucifixion?

Ignoring the acquisition of passports for Nazi officials at the end of WWII and the Pope's lack
of will-power to hold some priests accountable for their misdeeds, I would say that the primary
faith has been tainted by the more-deficiencies of humanity.

AMEN! - wait, well, you get what I mean.

That's why I always had a high disregard for much of the Vatican. It's like a "Crawl Through Nails" game to be the pope or a cardinal and I don't think it's much different than a race for office. The means justify the end (for their own selfish reasons).

That's what blew me away with Francis. A guy who openly works (and has worked) for the poor and has the stones to tell his followers that they are focused and pre-occupied with the wrong things. And oh boy do the brimstone thrower's come out in force. As has been said on a select few "late night" news shows (Stewart mainly) "who died and made this guy pope?!"

But seriously. The people that practice Christianity are in express decline. The people that claim Christianity will all too quickly lambast their "counterparts" before they get in their fancy cars and drive home. I know that's a generalization but it's not an exaggeration.

Messages In This Thread
Geologist claims found Christ tomb... - by guohua - 09-18-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Geologist claims found Christ tomb... - by DuckforcoveR - 09-22-2016, 01:58 AM