Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spooks and the Man Kicked Off Plane For Not Wearing Mask In Between Bites Of Food
(05-02-2021, 09:30 AM)drussell41 Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 12:34 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I love aircraft. Always have. Love to fly. I've even been known to jump out if them when the Jumpmaster gives me the high sign. 

Since 9-11, commercial air travel has been death on a stick. Who wants to put up with all that nonsense? Now with the C19 and the masks? Forget it. I won't do it. Not worth it. 

Still love aircraft and flying but the you can keep the circus.

Yeah, I do too (love aircraft and flying).    Not putting up with the new reality of it, tho.

I saw my first big passenger airliner when I was 17.  I was amazed...and ridiculed by some people nearby.   LOL!    Like I cared even back then.  I still remember the wonder.   And the takeoffs and landings!  

Airborne, huh?  How are your knees?   My husbands' are starting to show their history.  Jumping sounds like so much fun.   If I didn't have osteoporosis, I would sign up for a tandem jump.  

I had a friend who jumped for fun.   He described one episode where the landing wasn't going as anticipated.   He had to choose between wires and hogs.  His thoughts?   "Don't tell me I survived everything only to be eaten by pigs."   I'll never forget it.   He made it.   My maternal grandfather wasn't so lucky.   Eaten by hogs....not from a jump, but probably from misadventure.  (Drunk?  Pushed in by someone who was tired of his drunkenness?  Who knows.)  Anyway, I digress.....

Takes offs are awesome, I agree. One of my favorite things. 

My knees have seen better days. Same with my ankles. Not sure if I would have changed anything. Never landed in hogs though. 

Sounds like a heck of a fate for your Grandfather.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spooks and the Man Kicked Off Plane For Not Wearing Mask In Between Bites Of Food - by ABNARTY - 05-02-2021, 01:11 PM