Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Germany is beginning a universal-basic-income trial with people getting $1,400 a mont
(08-21-2020, 11:55 AM)MarioOnTheFly Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 11:17 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 10:45 AM)MarioOnTheFly Wrote: I'm 45 and have seen enough things in life and met enough people to know...once you give people free money, many will simply not work anymore.

Kind of corny ... but, nobody wants this guy to quit working.

tinybiggrin  indeed man. Corny...no singing voice...but the point remains. It seems to me that folks just dont understand that...no food can get to your table if everybody just stops working. Sometimes it appears to me like some child envisioned that concept. The naivety of some folk I see on twitter...like..you know..let's just dont go to work indefinately...bc of COVID. No biggie. Just stay at home, watch TV and the Govt will simply write checks for you. Oh what a wonderful world. And they get all riled up if you tell them it's unfeasible. A solid percentage of society would like to stay this way for good. Unreal.
Yeah, I know exactly what you’re saying! Like keep trying to blow rainbows up my ass. Nope. This will not work. I don’t like encouraging laziness. So I’m one of those liberals who doesn’t want to sit around on my ass and expect to reap the benefits. Imagine that!  tinycool
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Germany is beginning a universal-basic-income trial with people getting $1,400 a mont - by ChiefD - 08-22-2020, 12:25 AM