Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Germany is beginning a universal-basic-income trial with people getting $1,400 a mont
(08-20-2020, 01:57 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 12:41 PM)Sol Wrote: A minimal universal basic income would only encourage the lazy, the potheads and benefit the fraudsters. And how does one manage such a thing?

Hey, not all of us lazy potheads want or expect a free lunch, although free dessert would be lovely!

Apologies.

Our welfare system here in Canada is being used and abused. I've seen lazy asses benefit from it while enjoying their time on boats, while camping, having parties, name it.

They work under the table while collecting from the gubment.

I don't have a problem with a social system that would help the needy; for example, the mother of 3 whose husband just walked out. What is she supposed to do to get back up? Give her more and cut these leeches is my opinion.

The sick, the elderly, the handicapped, the mentally ill? Give them more and cut the leeches is my opinion.

But to do that, it would have to be a case by case evaluation, which they will never do, bureaucracy and all of that...

A universal free money program on top of it? Hell no.

So, free dessert, yes. tinybiggrin

Free money, no. minusculenonono
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Germany is beginning a universal-basic-income trial with people getting $1,400 a mont - by Sol - 08-20-2020, 02:05 PM