Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer
(06-21-2020, 05:45 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I really hate to see that site go down. I have warm fuzzy feelings for it because it was the first board I ever got on. So many threads I made over there will now be gone into the cyber space graveyard; good threads too. And others from some great members that I had saved in my subs.
What a waste of great content!  tinycrying

It's losing the content that disturbs me the most. I have my friends here.

I've been backing up like a madman. I've got all of my own threads backed up locally, and the Space Opera thread... but now I face the daunting task of backing up a thread with over 250 pages. Going by recent experience, I expect that to take 2 1/2 to 3 days. It's grueling, but needs to be done.

They've got 50 GB of thread data, plus around 3 TB of image data. A full site backup could be contained on a 4 TB portable hard drive that can be had at Walmart for just under 100 bucks, but the time investment to get the backup data is unreal. Someone with access to the back end over there could do it, but we've got no one like that here, so we do what we can, and grab what is ours before it goes kaput.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Wallfire - 06-18-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Wallfire - 06-20-2020, 05:54 PM
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Wallfire - 06-21-2020, 05:53 PM
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Wallfire - 06-21-2020, 06:00 PM
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Ninurta - 06-21-2020, 06:12 PM
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Wallfire - 06-21-2020, 06:25 PM