Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer
(06-19-2020, 02:40 AM)Chiefsmom Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 02:18 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I do suggest that if anyone has any content over there that they want to keep that they archive it locally in case TOS just goes POOF! and vanishes.

I'm wondering why they are being vague about the timeline.  It sure seems like it is going to close a lot sooner than they are letting on.

SO said he didn't think it would "last the rest of the year", but he didn't get any more specific about it than that. I too am wondering why he is being cagey about it - wondering if something nefarious is up, or if he genuinely can't gauge how his business is going any closer than that. There are about 3 terabytes of images hosted there, and 50 gigabytes of thread data, so a full backup of the entire site should not even fill up a 4 TB portable hard drive.

Some of it may be found at the Wayback Machine, but there are no guarantees, so it's best for each person to back up for themselves locally anything there that they have an interest in.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Wallfire - 06-18-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Wallfire - 06-20-2020, 05:54 PM
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Ninurta - 06-19-2020, 08:00 AM
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Wallfire - 06-21-2020, 05:53 PM
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Wallfire - 06-21-2020, 06:00 PM
RE: ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer - by Wallfire - 06-21-2020, 06:25 PM