Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brexit: UK votes to leave EU in historic referendum
(10-14-2016, 06:43 AM)gordi Wrote: ...It's unbearable.

OK, enough for now.
(So sorry for the rant, but it drives me MAD!)

kindest regards,
G

I read and re-read your post and all I can say as a UK resident and someone not too-far
from Scotland -and yet, far away from London that I'm deemed English and I don't count
either, is...

You're right!

I would like to believe that the majority of English people voted to leave the European
Union because of the inherent failings Westminster have shown for the regions outside
of London and I agree with you that the referendum campaigns (from both sides) were
delivered in a low-brow manner.

Scotland has always had the sh*t-end of the stick when it comes to decision-making for
the UK and in a lesser-sense, the North-West and North-East of England. Wales and
Northern Ireland don't have a look-in either.

Isn't it strange that the further you are from the English capital -the crappier deal you
get? Maybe it's the change-over from heavy industry to banking that has something to
with it...? And by the way, where is the banking communities situated?

If I was to be fair-minded and a little naive, I would suggest that any hesitation offered
by Scottish voters in the Independence Vote may have come from the fact of the massive
loss of ship building and other heavy industries. This could have an effect on what would
be available to operate as an independent country.

But knowing what these money-grabbing, 'jobs-for-the-boys' bastards down here are
up to, I'd say that there's an amount of corruption going on to thwart the Scottish
people's wishes.

One's views are prominently formed by external information and is their any evidence
that the media are involved...? Who pays the BBC? Who owns the newspapers?
Where are the story-makers situated in the UK?

To be reluctant to leave the UK because the wish of independence is one thing,
but to be forced to agree to everything the UK does because of by-gone dealings is
another. And that's the grey-area where the English politicians want to play in.

It's still sadly, a tribal-thing.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brexit: UK votes to leave EU in historic referendum - by BIAD - 10-14-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Brexit: UK votes to leave EU in historic referendum - by 1984hasarrived - 10-14-2016, 12:27 PM