Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brexit: UK votes to leave EU in historic referendum
It is with some rarity that one finds a partnership of more than two lasting much past a honeymoon era.
Even marriage with the added anchors of children may show no better than a 50% success rate.
Some of the best musical bands that had to merge their talents, skills, emotions, hopes and dreams to produce timeless masterpieces rarely survive for more than a few years or efforts.
RUSH is one of the truly anomalous exceptions to that rule.

I would like to have neighbors south of the border...that I did not fear (suspect).
I would like neighbors to the north that welcomed my visits, and I theirs.
It would be nice if everyone could live in the hope/aim of mutual prosperity & peace, but as long as there is disparity between the "Haves and Have-Nots", there will be suspicion, strife and servitude.

Sadly (for the "Haves"), the "Have-Nots" are more likely to reproduce/populate at a higher rate...producing even more "Have-Nots"...until one day, the "Have-Nots" outnumber the "Haves" enough to make a difference in the only way they are allowed - their meager little "one vote per one Have-Not"...and...the "Haves" must revamp to ensure that on the other side of the "Have-Nots votes", everything will settle in as it has been all along.

In part I wish the EU had survived.  I thought they made some good music together (not all of it, but some of it). I am glad, though, that the trampled voice of the working-class masses spoke up as loudly and clearly as they could, with the message they had the right to convey - "OUCH!"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brexit: UK votes to leave EU in historic referendum - by Minstrel - 06-25-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: Brexit: UK votes to leave EU in historic referendum - by 1984hasarrived - 10-14-2016, 12:27 PM