Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thus the Republic falls to applause: No Fly list and gun control
(06-21-2016, 08:22 PM)Armonica_Templar Wrote: You must be a hoot at parties...lol

(I know because It kills the mode and fun when I bring this up.. lol)

The very life of the party! Of course, sane folk don't frequent the sort of parties I do...

Quote:Take the Jews.. it is illegal to own slaves 
But the Catch is, JEWISH slaves
everyone else is allowed technically
(may be hyperboyle but goes with the point)

Ditto Muslims. Muslim slaves are not allowed, all others are fair game. That's how ISIS got the Yezidi sex slaves they're currently trying to peddle - Mohammed himself allowed "those whom your right hand possesses" - i.e., war captives. The Yezidi girls and women were taken in war, making them fair game for sex slavery. They were being sold on the auction block in Mosul for $ 350 US right after they were taken, but recently ISIS has started trying to sell them on the internet for around $ 8000 US.

Fact is, the Constitutional Amendment that everyone thinks "abolishes" slavery does nothing of the kind, even in modern America. It has an exception built-in ("except as punishment for...") that kept slavery legal in America. I personally believe it was written that way intentionally, considering who wrote it - Reconstruction Era Republicans. In those days, the Republicans were the "Progressives", although they didn't use that term. They called themselves "Radicals". Reconstruction was nothing of the sort - nothing was rebuilt, especially not by the northerners or the Republicans - the carpet Baggers and Scalawags who invaded the south along with the occupation forces to protect them.

All indications are that they intended to "turn the tables", make the Freedmen the aristocracy, and enslave the whites. For a long time, Freedmen could vote while white southerners could not - they had been legally disenfranchised, and were not permitted by law to vote. In many locations, former slaves were organized as militia, given muskets by the occupation forces, and "patrolled", while white southerners were not permitted to bear arms, legally.

It's a part of US history that one seldom hears about, and Reconstruction is taught in history classes with a bit of... let's call it "spin", to be kind to the Liberals.

If you think I may be wrong, just research the demographics of the South Carolina legislature during Reconstruction. I bet you get a surprise. The backlash from Reconstruction was harsh and often violent, and was the direct cause of a need for the Civil Rights movement in the 60's.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thus the Republic falls to applause: No Fly list and gun control - by Ninurta - 06-23-2016, 12:31 AM