Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Halloween Party October 28th to November 1st 2022
(10-29-2022, 02:40 PM)Sol Wrote:
When this video came out, in VHS in 1983, it was like nothing we had ever seen.

The story telling, the choreography, the music, the lyrics, created by John Landis, who was already known for "An American Werewolf in London", the voice of the late Vincent Price, who was the Prince of horror movies at that time...

It became the biggest selling music video of all times.

It fits Halloween like a glove!

That video makes me cry.

Everytime I hear it now, it takes me back to the time my niece, that I raise from a premature infant, performed it on stage.

This was way back before it became the yearly anthem and flash mob scene.

Long story cut a little short. I took her in to die. She had been in the hospital for eight months. They said they had done all they could do. That we should take her home to die in peace without the machines, pokes, noise, and pain. 

I never believed for one second that she was ready to go. She was a true fighter. She barely weighed 16 ounces. We had to cut premie diapers in half for them to fit her. We dressed her in doll clothes. We had to feed her with and eye dropper and we had to clear her lungs with our mouths using a pipette.

When she was two years old we took her back to the doctor that said she would never make it. We just stopped by his office, no appointment. The moment he looked in our smiling faces, and then saw her running around his waiting room, he fell to his knees.

He said, "I had nothing to do with this." "This child is a miracle of God's".

She is now 32 years old. She graduated with honors, and was offered an audition at Juilliard. She decided not to audition because she danced for pleasure and said she never wanted it to be a job.

She is presently in training to be a Veterinarian, and is the happiest, most laid back person I know. She does not let anything bother her. Her philosophy for life's troubles is to fix it if you can. Do a better job if you can. If you can't, find another way, or call it a lesson learned and walk away.

I know it sounds silly but this video brings back wonderful memories. Their performance rocked the town. And will have a place in my mind and heart forever.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Halloween Party October 28th to November 1st 2022 - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 10-29-2022, 03:59 PM