Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Book of Guohua
My memory is a bit fuzzy these days... but I can't specifically remember meeting Guohua at TOS....

I do remember bouncing around from HH and CoJo's / Lucid Awakenings etc when TOS became a sh*tshow, and I think it was at HH when I first met MrsG but I could be wrong!

I wasn't very much aware of the "behind the scenes issues" at HH until it all blew up.

To be fair, I had always been made very welcome there, and at CoJo's too for that matter when the dust was all settling down in the aftermath...
I became torn when I found out more about what had happened, because I had been invited here to RN, AND asked to stay there at HH AND CoJo's too if I recall.

I really didn't want to take sides, but it would have been hypocritical to stay with all of them so I went with my gut feeling... and joined RN.
There was an.... "honesty" about the founders that really struck a chord with me, and that was exemplified by the owner and the boss - Guohua.
I also didn't like what I was hearing about the behaviours of some of the staff at the other sites too, and I felt that my decision was justified when MrsG invited me to become a moderator on the new site.
I felt very appreciated here, and I quickly settled into the role (without actually having to do much in the way of moderating!), making some great friends along the way. My creative side was flourishing in BIADS basement graphics lab, which ended up morphing into The Banner Thread amongst other things, and also in the Short Story threads & contests.

It was MrsG who encouraged me most of all.
Always supportive, always appreciative. And it was she who subsequently wanted me to move up to Supermod... although I suspect that it had more to do with some issues that we were having with the moderator settings at the time!!! LOL
In short order, I was invited to become an Administrator here. WTAF?? ME???
I'd never done ANYTHING like that before, but she believed in me, she trusted me, and made me feel 10 feet tall. So, of course I accepted and the rest is history as they say.

I cannot think of anyone I've met online who has had such a profound effect on so many people.
She was obstinate and stubborn, she had very strong beliefs and a strong will to back them up.
But she was also kind, compassionate and caring, and I will miss her dearly.

minusculebeercheers
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
The Book of Guohua - by Ninurta - 09-10-2022, 06:57 AM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by MisterSpock - 09-10-2022, 07:18 AM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by Sol - 09-10-2022, 09:21 AM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by BIAD - 09-10-2022, 11:21 AM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by 727Sky - 09-10-2022, 01:57 PM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by hounddoghowlie - 09-10-2022, 03:46 PM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 09-10-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by Ninurta - 09-10-2022, 07:25 PM