Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russell Brand - Who in the Hell IS this Guy?
(05-03-2022, 05:36 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 11:57 AM)midicon Wrote: Russel Brand is a comedian/celebrity who is known for his intelligence and now more than ever, his social commentary. I personally don't find him funny as his voice and style is 'grating' and a bit over the top. Having said all that his content regards things like the pandemic has always been spot on and insightful. I listen to his podcasts now and then as he is always up to date on the latest skullduggery and shenanigans from the powers and all those we love to hate. As a person I like him but as a comedian not so much.

Ditto with what Midicon says, Brand was always in the BBC orbit and his Essex-accent can be off-putting.
tinywondering

Essex, huh? I was wondering about that, because some of the kids I grew up with way over here in the colonial boonies talked a lot like him, substituting "f's" or "v's" for "th's" ("bovah" for "bother", or "fing" for "thing" for example) and what not. It took a bit of getting used to for me when I first moved here. Thing is, none of those kids came from Essex - they were born and bred right here, from generations of other hillbillies who were also born and bred right here in the American Wilderness.

Was Essex perhaps know for some sort of outlawry that might have driven folks from there to here while on the run from The Law, bringing their odd accents with them and passing them on? Because one thing I do know, most of our ancestors out here in the boonies ended up here to escape from Johnny Law because of this or that bit of occasional skullduggery.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russell Brand - Who in the Hell IS this Guy? - by Ninurta - 05-03-2022, 09:20 PM