Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1st hundred days why am I not surprised ?
(05-10-2021, 07:26 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I've noted in Europe as well how some work from closed shops has migrated to the black market.  The services are still performed, but people come on house calls and it is on a cash-only basis only.

I was thinking today how that reminds me of the effects of Prohibition.

Cheers

Exactly!

It's happening here, too. people are starting to figure out that they can make more tax-free money "under the table" than they can by adhering to onerous government regulations and taxation.

Here, it may be laid at the doorstep of the BidenHarrisObamaCarter School of Marxist Philosophy that levies onerous taxation while ignoring the representational aspects of the will of the people, combined with that school of thought's other major platform, the thought that if you run out of other folks' money to spend, you can just print up another batch. That causes runaway inflation, and that, combined with dictatorial taxation rates induces people to find another, more private and less governmentally regulated way of doing business.

I recall the double digit inflation and astronomical interest rates of the Carter era, and it looks like BidenHarris must have told Carter to "just hold my beer and watch THIS!" in their recent meeting.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st hundred days why am I not surprised ? - by Ninurta - 05-10-2021, 10:14 PM