Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Insurrection Act and use of militia
(11-23-2020, 12:51 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I would only hope that the country I love (and am raising my children to love) isn't petty enough to wonder which party leader is adored more by the military.  

Elections happen, consequences are real. When Trump won in 2016 I was vocal about my disdain, but also of my duty to respect the office and wish him the best. This should (and needs to) go both ways.

Probably more than half of the military are firmly in the left's camp.  I've been in and around the military for almost 40 years now.  It is incredibly rare to spot an employee identifying themselves as a righty.  I still get a daily newsletter from a previous assignment ... nothing but left leaning/supporting articles.  Last one of note said the military is gonna seriously re-look the re-naming of posts (like Fort Bragg and Fort Hood) the minute Joe Biden is inaugurated.

I would bet money that the military (at the Federal Level) will have no (direct) role (aside from casting ballots) in these goings-on.  Can't speak for what an elected Governor might do with his/her National Guard elements.

If Biden is sworn-in as President, then there you go!!

The results of the election are far from decided.  Ain't that strange?  First you move Tax Day ...
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Insurrection Act and use of militia - by Wallfire - 11-22-2020, 05:23 PM
RE: The Insurrection Act and use of militia - by Snarl - 11-23-2020, 02:51 AM
RE: The Insurrection Act and use of militia - by Wallfire - 11-23-2020, 10:34 AM
RE: The Insurrection Act and use of militia - by Wallfire - 11-23-2020, 06:57 PM