Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Germany is beginning a universal-basic-income trial with people getting $1,400 a mont
(08-20-2020, 02:48 AM)ChiefD Wrote: This is pretty interesting. The fact that there are only 120 people is kind of telling. I don’t think they want to get anyone’s hopes up or anything. 

Even as liberal as I am, I don’t see a universal basic income as something that would work, at least not in the United States. How would it be paid for? With people getting that, many would choose not to work at all and we would have critical shortages in workers. 

I mean, outwardly it sounds wonderful, but I think that would make our country’s problems worse. The money will have to come from somewhere, something essential that will cripple a lot of the country.

I actually believe that once peoples basic needs are met, crime drops and people aŕe allowed to express their innate creativity. I believe most are industrious but struggle circumvents that inclination and it becomes replaced with lack and fear. So yes, I am watching with great interest. Particularly since it's Germany. I mean, the locals sweep their streets without compensation because....well, they're German. Lol
internet Agent Provocateur

Messages In This Thread
RE: Germany is beginning a universal-basic-income trial with people getting $1,400 a mont - by Antisthenes - 08-20-2020, 04:31 AM