Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Citizen gone Rogue.
For myself, being a Rogue and here on this great site, helps me get a better handle
on this weird situation called 'Life'!

I'm getting on a bit and the wonder of certain topics was always frowned upon by
many of my friends as I grew up. Everyone that reported a Ufo was a liar or an idiot
and the other many subjects were treated in the same manner.

So when technology made the internet come to life, I tip-toed into the cyber-world
and cautiously watched, with millions of others -I'd wager, from the side-lines as folk
arrived and told you their stories.

Some attempted to create groups and lead those with words of promise that they
had all the answers, others sniped at anyone who seemed to steal their limelight.

The want of money seemed to be the key-reason to most of the conversations and
as businesses realised it was a perfect market place to offer their wares, the internet
became a shabby spectre of what some had hoped it could have become.

On and on it went and I imagined a large shaggy biped standing at the edge of a
forest looking out from the dark and waiting for us to come to them for advice on being
a better species of this planet. Beside the ten-foot tall beast, a small humanoid waits
and rubs his long-fingered hands on the smooth silver suit that covers him.

Will it be time to allow these dubious earthlings into the bigger secret of what the universe
is all about...? Have we arrived at the moment when humans will know world peace for
the first time in a long time? The ashen-skinned alien looks nervously towards his bigger
companion.

Lights throb in the background as the pair wait for us to maturely discuss the phenomena
and arrive at a fair, rational point of reason.

The petty, self-obsessed arguments and foul language slid soundlessly along the spider's
web that continually grows across the globe and the negativity seemed just as endless.
For myself, it all became a sad joke... a troll's paradise that I just managed to refrain from
frolicking in. The days and nights passed without a place one could debate and discuss on
a reasonable, sensible level.

A branch moved slightly as the hairy giant stepped back into the shadows with sagging
shoulders. The little traveller of the galaxy shook his large head and followed the monstrous
silhouette, without a word to each other, they agreed we weren't ready yet.

But for a small instant, I thought I saw that huge creature falter in it's turn.... as if, as if he
saw something that may have worth. Something that could appreciate the mysterious and
the mundane with the same decency.

Maybe he even tried to mouth the words he glimpsed as he slipped away to find an evening
meal of young moths amongst the rotten logs and maybe the little spaceman caught sight of
the interest that made his cohort slow his massive pace.

'Rogue...' the alien whispered and turned towards his craft.'...Let's see if they can go the
distance' he adds and presses a button on his belt.

It's nice here.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Citizen gone Rogue. - by Sol - 07-01-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Citizen gone Rogue. - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-01-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: Citizen gone Rogue. - by senona - 07-01-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: Citizen gone Rogue. - by Minstrel - 07-01-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: Citizen gone Rogue. - by Sol - 07-01-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: Citizen gone Rogue. - by DuckforcoveR - 07-01-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: Citizen gone Rogue. - by LadyJae - 07-01-2016, 11:43 PM
RE: Citizen gone Rogue. - by guohua - 07-02-2016, 02:28 AM
RE: Citizen gone Rogue. - by BIAD - 07-02-2016, 09:27 PM