Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
80 Million Years Old,,,,, and still Alive!?
(07-19-2020, 06:40 AM)guohua Wrote: @"TheDoctor46" 
Quote:The sea is just as unexplored as space to me.

Have you seen this?
 Does anyone believe in Mermaids? Do you believe this video?

It looks like P.T. Barnum's "Fiji Mermaid" to me:

[Image: Feejee_mermaid.jpg]

The Fiji Mermaid(s) - there were acxtually several produced after the success of the first one shown above - were known hoaxes, sewing a monkey body to a fish tail to create sideshow exhibits for the titillation of the masses - and to extract coins from their pockets.

With that said, I recall the Animal Planet "mermaid hoax" in 2013, and I recall wondering, often aloud, at the sort of person that would take that seriously as a real documentary. I watched it, and it was very obvious to me that it was never meant as a real documentary. It was not an intentional hoax, but gullible people wanting to believe did so, and when the inevitable reveal occurred, they are the ones who labeled it as a "hoax" in a fit of letdown pique - it was never meant to be serious. It was just a flight of fantasy on Animal Planet - sort of like the "what will the world be like a million years into the future" "documentaries" that were prevalent on the History channel back then. No one took them to be actual documentaries, and I was mystified why anyone took the Animal Planet show as one.

Mistaking that show for a documentary would be like mistaking the move "Splash" as a documentary.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: 80 Million Years Old,,,,, and still Alive!? - by Ninurta - 07-19-2020, 09:22 PM