Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yes...There is an actual Snowflake Handbook.
If you'll forgive me for grumbling on, I can recall a time before television sets were affordable
to the working-classes in the United Kingdom and if a football (soccer) game was being played,
many of supporters unable to the games would resort to listen to it via the radio.

The audience were required to perceive the playing pitch in quadrants labelled 'A, B, C' and more.
The presenter would relate which section the ball and play were in and using his voice to instil
excitement, a listener would not only have the opportunity to 'imagine' the flowing game, but to
also enjoy the rush of competitiveness.

Move to today, when television sets adorn the majority of homes and are seen as a standard
piece of furniture. The many-faceted world of sports continues, but please... notice the difference.

Where it was that the Presenter used to focus on bringing factual information to assist the listener
in being a participant in the game -granted only as a supporter, today the multitude of moderators,
Presenters and guests from that particular sport seem to be on focused relating personal comments,
points of view and biased narratives during any broadcast of a game.

For those younger than myself, it promotes that idea that everything said on the television is
real, true and should be taken as fair advice. Maybe a lot of it is, but it's a helluva recruiting ground
for those willing to nurture materialism and subtle nonresistance.
Just sayin'
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yes...There is an actual Snowflake Handbook. - by BIAD - 03-18-2017, 02:08 PM