Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steve Scalise: Republican House whip shot and wounded.
As a point of clarification, I'm a live-and-let-live kinda guy. Don't bother me, I won't bother you, and everybody happy. I tend to ignore stupid, although I occasionally laugh at it because it can be so amusing, but I can only ignore it until it refuses to be ignored and goes on the attack against me.

Once that happens, Katie bar the door, because it's on, and I'm gonna win or die trying.

In other words, and as they say around here, if you don't start no shit, ain't gonna BE no shit... 'cause I ain't gonna start it or bother you as long as you're leaving me be.

Unfortunately, it seems that the left is hell bent on starting some shit, and there are those standing around just waiting and ready to repel it. That ain't gonna turn out well for someone, but if it's us that it don't turn out well for, we won't still be alive to know it.

See, the "live and let live" thing is the fundamental difference between the Tea Party types and the Occupy Wall Street types. The Tea Party types just wanted their own freedom, and the Occupy types wanted EVERYONE ELSE'S freedom.

That REALLY ain't gonna turn out well when that irresistible force collides with the immovable object.

Probably better to leave it alone and just go fishing, but I feel fairly confident that the left won't be able to leave it alone. It's an existential threat to them if they can't get someone else to keep their sorry asses up.

Just remember, any force that can keep you up can also put you down. You are no longer free if you are dependent on your superiors to keep you up, and if they have to and you can't, then they ARE your superiors, by definition. When they get tired of holding you up, the fall is a long way down, too.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve Scalise: Republican House whip shot and wounded. - by Ninurta - 06-15-2017, 07:23 PM