Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Secret Service laptop 'with Trump Tower floor plans' stolen in New York.
'A Secret Service laptop allegedly containing floor plans of Trump Tower has been stolen
in New York, according to reports.

Law enforcement sources, cited by ABC News, said the device also contained details
on the criminal investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server.
Authorities have been searching for the laptop since it was stolen on Thursday morning
from the agent's vehicle in Brooklyn, New York, the New York Daily News reported.

The US Secret Service confirmed one of its employee's laptops had been stolen, and
said its agency-issued laptops contain multiple layers of security are are not permitted
to hold classified information...'
SOURCE:
More To Follow...
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
WTH?!  Why was a highly secured laptop left in the car to begin with?   tinyshouting 

Sounds planned to me. 
Now, not only is Trump surrounded in the White House by people against him, but it seems he can't even trust the Secret Service to have his back.   mediumfacepalm
(03-17-2017, 09:13 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Now, not only is Trump surrounded in the White House by people against him,
but it seems he can't even trust the Secret Service to have his back.   mediumfacepalm

Here's some more from the same source.

'...A Secret Service laptop allegedly containing floor plans of Trump Tower has been
stolen in New York.

Law enforcement sources, cited by ABC News, said the device also contained details
on the criminal investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server.
CBS News, also quoting police sources, said the laptop held important files on Pope
Francis, too.

And the Daily News says the agent has told investigators that some information on
the device has the potential to compromise US national security.
"There's data on there that's highly sensitive," a police source told the newspaper.
"They're scrambling like mad."

Authorities have been searching for the laptop since it was stolen on Thursday morning
from the agent's vehicle near her house in Brooklyn, New York, the New York Daily News
reported.

The US Secret Service confirmed one of its employee's laptops had been stolen, and
said its agency-issued laptops contain multiple layers of security and are not permitted
to hold classified information.

Some items reportedly taken at the same time as the laptop - including coins and a
black bag with the Secret Service insignia on it - have since been recovered.

The agency said it would not comment further while an investigation takes place...'
SOURCE:

Pope Francis...?
@"BIAD" 

Quote:Pope Francis...?

That was my first thought as well. I dug for the CBS story trying to confirm (and understand) and I think it has something to do with his visit last year. The story reads:

Quote:The sources said some of the documents are important files on Pope Francis.
Law enforcement sources told CBS News the computer also contained:
  • Information about Trump Tower

• Information on Hillary Clinton

• Also missing were Secret Service agent lapel pins for the Trump and Clinton campaigns and 2015 papal visit

So maybe the "information" is security details, code names, habits, and other stuff from when he came stateside. But anytime an article is worded like that with a Pope involved it makes the spidey sense tingle...

CBS source
(03-17-2017, 09:13 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: WTH?!  Why was a highly secured laptop left in the car to begin with?   tinyshouting 

Sounds planned to me. 
Now, not only is Trump surrounded in the White House by people against him, but it seems he can't even trust the Secret Service to have his back.   mediumfacepalm

I don't think it has anything to do with a nefarious plan against Trump. I could be wrong of course. But the Secret Service has been in a crashing plane for (what seems like) a decade now. Now maybe it's just because of 24-hour news and the lightning speed of reporting? But the Obama presidency saw scandal after scandal, failure after failure, and leaks galore within the secret service. In fact, there was as similar thread on TOS about how they were purposely undermining the presidency of Obama and were doing it on PURPOSE so that if he got assassinated they could point to their long list of transgressions to show incompetency rather than planned conspiracy. 

I would attempt to say they need to get back to the "good ole' days" of presidential protection but...Kennedy, Reagan, not a good record (unless keeping 8 out 10 from getting shot and 9 out of 10 from getting killed is a good record?)
(03-18-2017, 02:08 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: So maybe the "information" is security details, code names, habits, and other stuff from when he came stateside.
But anytime an article is worded like that with a Pope involved it makes the spidey sense tingle...

CBS source

Me too, DFC!
minusculethumbsup