Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
And how was YOUR summer?...
(09-03-2016, 10:35 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: THAT is one heck of a summer SOL. The archery club certainly seems like fun, I personally picked the recurve. It gives me an excuse when I'm not as sharp as some of my counterparts.... tinylaughing

Good thinking !! I hadn't thought of that ! The compound only attracts me because of the 8 pound pressure on the pull instead of 40 on the recurve. BUT the recurve seems to be so much more challenging...If I had to choose now, it would be the recurve but I'll wait and see what other archers think - from their experience - once I'm in the ' zone' ... : )

Quote:Mine seems about as busy as yours, very little time to myself but just enough to not feel like I'm falling behind. We are still insanely busy at work with this whole takeover project. I used to put on (what seemed like) a few miles each day at work and now I'm relegated to a CPU for much of it and feel like I'm putting on the pounds instead.

Same here...Louise keeps laughing at me about my newly acquired (ok...not that new but just bigger) beer belly. tinyok

I keep telling her that there's a LOT of investment in there but meh....true story: I had to give ALL of my clothes to charity and get new ' this fits me ' stuff...To reward myself, I bought this really nice polo...medium...and didn't try it on. Put it on to go to work and Lou starts laughing (again)...telling me that this new shirt is 'hugging' me....

tinysurprised

It's already in the new pile filed as 'charity donations'.... tinysure

Quote:Congrats for her completing dental school!

Erika has visited tons of universities in the U.S. this summer. So far, she fell in love with Seattle and has applied for the residency. She's also applied to two other universities but doesn't want to tell us where they are as she doesn't want to jinx it. I am wishing for Hawaii so we can visit often ' grin ' ....

Curiously, here in Montreal, (she is at McGill which is top notch here in Canada), the residencies pay peanuts. Like a quarter or a third of what they pay in the U.S. ... but no matter where she chooses, Lou and I will be visiting her 3 or 4 times so...I HOPE there will be a few Rogues in her area to meet... tinybiggrin

Quote:It'll be nice to be around here more and to see you around here more. Looking forward to fall (and winter), I LOVE the cold. My last life must have been living in Siberia (and living well) because I'm only comfortable once I see everybody else is miserable in the weather here. You're a bit further north (OK, MUCH further north) than Wisconsin and I can only imagine you share a similar sentiment? Is that a long shot?

Well Jim...they are calling for a very snowy, icy and extremely cold winter (farmer's almanach)...and errr.....I hope they're wrong. Being on the road all the time...I used to love winter because of the winter sports but now nah...don't enjoy it that much. tinycrying

Quote:Anywho, nice to see you again tinycool

Nice to see you again as well !! And am happy to see that I wasn't the only one overflowed by work...Let's have a weight competition, shall we ?

tinycool
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
And how was YOUR summer?... - by Sol - 09-03-2016, 03:48 PM
RE: And how was YOUR summer?... - by BIAD - 09-03-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: And how was YOUR summer?... - by Sol - 09-04-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: And how was YOUR summer?... - by DuckforcoveR - 09-03-2016, 10:35 PM
RE: And how was YOUR summer?... - by Sol - 09-04-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: And how was YOUR summer?... - by guohua - 09-04-2016, 02:32 AM
RE: And how was YOUR summer?... - by Sol - 09-04-2016, 01:05 PM
RE: And how was YOUR summer?... - by guohua - 09-04-2016, 01:26 PM