Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Counting Tanks: The Russian Message
(02-24-2022, 11:08 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: @"Ninurta" It looks like my assessment from a few days back was off the mark. The Russians are feeling really froggy. Even Kiev is on the menu. 

By the time the UN and NATO decide on matters, Ukraine will be in the history books. *My latest completely unscientific SAWG. 

Not your fault You don't think like a Russian, and that's probably a good thing. Putin HAD to go whole hog in order to call Biden's bluff. It's the Russian way. Biden pushed him right into it with all his warmongering talk. Like any decent schoolyard bully, when Biden said what amounted to "Knock this chip off my shoulder. Go 'head, I dare ya!" Putin didn't have any other choice than to do it and show Biden he would, and see what kinda smoke Biden has. So far, all Biden's smoke has been just that - smoke - and no fire. The rest of the kids in the schoolyard are watching, so now the ball is in Biden's court - does he fold, or does he put another chip on his shoulder and dare Putin to knock that one off, too?

One thing he ain't gonna do is knock Putin on his ass like he insinuated he would. His bluff has been called, and now he doesn't know what to do. What worries me the most at the moment is that all the warmongering Democrat and Neocon talking heads on TV are talking about nukes, and claiming Putin threatened to nuke us if we interfered, which is pure bullshit. Putin levied a vague threat which could mean anything, but most likely some kinda new "super weapon" that will fizzle. What we don't need is for the Dumbass in Chief to put a nuclear chip on his scrawny shoulder - because, you know, that "Russian Way" thing.

Those Talking Heads talk a good game when they are agitating for a really big war. After all, it ain't THEM that are gonna have to fight it - until the nukes fly, that is. It's a good thing they are on TV, because when some dumbass talks bigger than his ass can deliver in my presence, I'm the sort that generally knocks the chip off by the simple expedient of knocking them flat on their ass with a through the head type of punch. Not that I stick my fist through their head really, you understand - I just aim for a hole in the air behind their head instead of at their face, and by the time their head gets to that hole in the air as I follow through, they are on their way down. Wherever the head goes, the body will follow, if it knows what is good for it.

I can't even watch the news now for all the dumbasses pissing me of with their big-talking efforts to get OTHER folks killed. The TV could suffer if I left it on the news too long. Don't get me wrong - sometimes, you gotta fight, but I don't see this as a situation that the US has any business doing ANYTHING about. Not our war, but the Talking Heads are trying to turn it thataway. And all that tall talkin' bullshit is just stirring the goddamned pot.

It the equivalent of begging someone to knock the chip off their shoulders, secure in the assumption that they can always throw someone else into their fight if their bullshit gets called out.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Counting Tanks: The Russian Message - by ABNARTY - 01-24-2022, 03:50 PM
RE: Counting Tanks: The Russian Message - by Ninurta - 02-25-2022, 04:33 AM
RE: Counting Tanks: The Russian Message - by BIAD - 02-25-2022, 12:01 PM