Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Counting Tanks: The Russian Message
(01-29-2022, 03:29 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:16 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: With regards to Ukraine, I would agree with the assessment your husband is getting. Russia has been deeply involved there for years now. The media has a 10 second attention span so it makes sense they portray it as "all of a sudden." And it gives Dear Leader a "Win." Now he is tough against Russia. 

After further contemplation, even if Russia pushes to the Dnieper (low odds IMHO) Joe can still claim he stared the Bear down from completely over running the whole country. 

It also seems convenient that when the covid narrative starts falling apart, they have a brand new boogie man to whip up the bed wetter's and pearl clutcher's.

Regarding Kiev/Kyiv and the Dneiper, I think if you check the map you'll finds they also have units staged along the northern border of the Ukraine already on both sides of the Dnieper. A push south by those units would already be "across the country", with the southwest corner of the Ukraine as the only potential "free" land assuming the initial invasions got halted at half.

Understood. However, it's the eastern half (or so) of the country with the high ethnic Russian population. That is where their leverage would come from if they do anything at all, IMHO. 

With regards to the forces on the northern flank of Ukraine, I would guess they are there to fix Ukrainian forces in the western half of the country. Just guessing. 

I only mention the Dnieper as it seems an obvious LOA if they come from the east. 

This is just me speculating.

Messages In This Thread
Counting Tanks: The Russian Message - by ABNARTY - 01-24-2022, 03:50 PM
RE: Counting Tanks: The Russian Message - by ABNARTY - 01-30-2022, 03:28 AM
RE: Counting Tanks: The Russian Message - by BIAD - 02-25-2022, 12:01 PM