Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings
Angry driver plows into protesters on I-70, police file charges against protesters for SUV damage

This was on Face Book, and the author seems to be more outraged that the SUV went through the line than the fact that these criminals were blocking the road.  Yes, I said criminals because, as Ninurta pointed out, this is against the law!   Pfft! 

The SUV starts moving forward at the 10:30 mark.  That horn blowing would drive me nuts!  No wonder people get outraged at these things!

Quote:In Missouri, driving a car into a crowd is assault, unless it's a crowd of protesters.
This video has been gnawing at me since the moment I saw it being livestreamed on YouTube by St. Louis American. During the livestream of the I-70 highway shutdown by Black Lives Matter protesters, an angry driver plowed directly into a line of protesters. The video bothered me on a number of fronts and made me question whether a St. Louis police officer might have even given the go-ahead for the SUV driver to run directly into the protesters. If you watch the video, you can see the driver motioning to a police officer, who comes over and has a very brief conversation with her.
We don't have any idea what was said, but you can clearly see in the video that from the moment the police officer began to walk away, the driver of the SUV began to drive directly into the protesters. The officer even looks back and sees the SUV driving into the line of people. More protesters gathered and stood in front of the SUV and then the driver punched the gas, pushing protesters to the side and dragging a "Ferguson is everywhere" box sign with it. A few protesters can be seen banging on the car to get the driver to stop. I watched with a mix of horror, anger and relief.
Horrified that the driver had willfully driven into a group of people. Anger that the officer actually looked back at the vehicle, saw it plowing into the people and kept walking away. Relief nobody was seriously injured.
Before we go any further, take :60 seconds to watch the scene unfold:

Source

Messages In This Thread
RE: 11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-12-2016, 10:54 PM