Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings
(07-11-2016, 05:03 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...That video has bothered me since the first time I saw it.
If someone I allegedly love is laying there bleeding out, I'm probably not going to be using my cell phone to video
the expiration and offering calm commentary as the video rolls. Even the cop was more hysterical than she was.

I didn't catch her even trying to check on the kid in the back seat to see if the child got perforated in the exchange.
She's just entirely too nonchalant and carefree to be watching the death of a loved one.

Were it me, I'd be using that phone to call 911 and get an ambulance out there post haste, because the cop was just
covering a dying man with his weapon and getting hysterical about it. That I can understand - shooting a man can be
traumatic, especially if it's the first time you've ever shot a man, or you don't shoot folks on a regular enough basis
to get blase about it.

What I can't understand is the budding young videographer's indifference.

The cop was too hysterical to think straight and get a meat wagon out there.
The young lady had her phone in hand, and rather than call for help, she elected to calmly film her alleged boyfriend's
dying breath.

There is something very wrong about that video and that situation.

I agree, that was the first-thing I thought. One would be tempted to say there was a second agenda within
the situation. The young mother oddly stated certain phrases and in a way that implied a purely innocent
encounter with a law officer has mutated into a confusing situation that she's rationally attempting to get
to grips with.

However, her full real-time explaining of the reason for being pulled over and her lucid description of how
her boyfriend has I.D and a licence to carry the firearm comes-off as a narrative -as Ninurta points out,
not the standard behavior of somebody sitting beside a loved one who is seriously injured.

What benefit does it bring the wounded person and the endangered child to turn the phone from the
scene and place yourself in view on the video...? what narcissistic impulse demands that your own face
must be in view?

The Policeman is frantic and holding a weapon trained on the man he has just allegedly shot, the young
woman's child is in the back of the car and presumably aware of this terrible scene. The woman -herself,
is still in harm's way.

Yet calmly, she explains on the video the entire situation and even assures the Policeman that she will
stay still whilst commenting the policeman has shot her boyfriend's arm 'off' All in a tone of calmness.
One would be curious of who in this situation has really had the training to handle such a volatile position.

As the Patrolman reiterates in an hysterical-cracked voice his reasons for firing the weapon, the girlfriend
again -placidly relates to the Officer brandishing the firearm into the vehicle that her boyfriend was merely
doing as he was requested and putting his hand in his pocket for his I.D and driver's licence.
Quickly adding on the end of that confirmation 'Oh my God, please don't kill me -he said'

But the next sentences are very weird.
"Please don't tell me my boyfriend went just like that...' the woman says and stares into the camera.
Is God on the other end of the phone?

The Officer demands that the woman keeps her hands still and with a tone of confidence that gives
notice that her perception of the horrific situation is under control and she isn't overtly emotional,
she replies:

"Yes Sir, I will keep my hands where they are" -which is indicative in my view, of somebody in a
situation that they are confident enough -to not only accept it without hysteria, but also look
for ways of manipulating certain sections of the situation.

As in, she agrees with the Policeman's request whilst knowing that her filming of the situation that
she really wishes to do is more of a priority. Your boyfriend is seriously injured and your child is in
possible harm's way... so you film it. Like what any normal Mother would do?!!

As a quiet time occurs and all that can be heard is the struggling breathing of her beloved slumped
beside her, she again says with a saddened voice "Please don't tell me this Lord...please don't tell me
that he's gone, please don't tell that he's gone"

Then, she quickly adds "Please don't tell me Officer that you did this to him..."
So now the audience have just had the information confirmed, the woman has stated in a pleading
manner that the policeman was the shooter and also explained to the viewers that:
'...You shot four bullets into him, Sir..."
So now we have more specific information in regards of the account.

They're still arguing on how many shots Oswald fired at JFK, but here we have a serene young woman
who has relayed to the world via technology, the correct amount she witnessed.

All the while, her boyfriend is dying and her child is still in possible danger. Remember, this irrational
lawman has just fatally wounded her loved-one with four bullets and the child of this mother is still
in peril.

Thank God the battery in the phone is holding up though, heh?
(The above comment may seem insensitive, but videoing my loved-one's death would not
be as important as attempting to obtain medical aid with that phone. Something is not quite here.)
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings - by BIAD - 07-11-2016, 11:10 AM