Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings
(07-10-2016, 09:32 PM)BIAD Wrote: 'Barack Obama condemns 'deranged' gunman, says US won't return to Sixties-era race riots'
The Telegraph.

Yeah... and it's a good job nobody's demanding segregation in schools and colleges!

'Segregation is making a comeback -- on college campuses'
The Washington Examiner.

I'd like to be able to say I'm surprised by those articles, but sadly I can't.

The second one in particular is galling. Those same kids agitation FOR segregation seem to have forgotten how their parents and grandparents fought so hard against it, how they made inroads into segregating white neighborhoods in the 60's and 70's in a hard fought battle - now their kids and grandkids want to just throw that away. The older generation can recall what "black-only" neighborhoods were like, and know there is a reason they fought to get out of them.

They seem not to have properly educated their children about the progress they made, and the cost it took to make it.

Be that as it may, I'm entirely prepared to give them their wishes, so long as equality is preserved, meaning they can have black-only housing and black-only safe spaces if the same exclusionary zones are provided to white, hispanic, oriental, Jewish, etc., etc. students.

maybe they could put up signs - "cracka don't let the sun set on your head here". It worked out real well last time that was done. When I was growing up in a county adjoining to this one, there were signs at the county line in this county barring blacks from the county that read much like the suggestion above, and they were particularly effective. Not a single black living in this county back then, and damned few even just passing through in the daylight. Thank God those days are long gone, and it's disheartening to read that it is black kids themselves who want to bring them back.

The real world has NO "safe spaces" - what is it about providing them on college campuses that is supposed to prepare students for life in the real world?
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: 11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings - by Ninurta - 07-10-2016, 11:54 PM