Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings
(07-09-2016, 06:07 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:  That way, there won't be anyone out there to fight back. 

It's a miscalculation to think there won't be anyone out there to fight back. I believe the thinking is that they will already have folks in place to keep the locals under control. I think that's a miscalculation, too. I think the US has around 2 million people under arms in the national military, and I think there are around 750,000 law enforcement officers nation wide. Assuming that every one of those bought that party line hook line and sinker, and NONE defected or deserted (a mighty big if, given the circumstances, I think) We have only to compare that against 20 million or so every year that buy deer stamps to hit the woods - ALL of them armed, else there would be no point in going deer hunting. Less than 3 million vs. more than 20 million. Some one isn't doing the calculus on that equation.

Quote:That's also his agenda for pushing the No Guns to citizens.  He wants us all to be completely vulnerable when they come to take us to the FEMA camps! tinyok

Another miscalculation. "Vulnerable" and "temporarily disarmed" are not the same thing. There are folks in this world who  will take exception to armed thugs trying to take advantage of their disarmed situation, armed thugs who miscalculate the odds, placing way too much trust in the fact that they are armed, and not accounting for the human spirit at all. Such people, in sending armed thugs against a certain class of folk, accomplish nothing more than sending arms to the unarmed, and having them hand delivered.

As I've written elsewhere here, I remember Bosnia, where an "unarmed" population whipped the hell out of an armed force, and owned their opponent's arms by the end of things.

There are far more weapons in this world than just mere firearms, and the most potent weapon of all is between your ears.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: 11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings - by Ninurta - 07-09-2016, 06:55 PM