Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Branch Of Humans Discovered.
(02-18-2020, 09:59 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 09:40 PM)Ninurta Wrote: That 40,000 years ago figure for the Neanderthal demise is one of those "adjustments" that have recently
been made to bring paleoanthropology into the political fold. It had to be changed to fit into the new narrative,
and someone waved a wand and presto-chango! the change was made...
I don't mind if adjustments are made during learning where we came from, it's just the damned righteous and
definitive manner science does it. Thousands of people state they see a tall hairy biped in the 'New World' and
same scientists say "Nah...it's not my list", so you're a lair".

That's what pisses me off, the 'I've-got-letters-after-my-name' attitude and the rules are my rules.
tinysure

I made the following addition to my post above before I read this, and so am moving it to this post instead:

Alternate "human species" have survived longer than expected in various corners of the world. On Flores, the Indonesian "Hobbit" survived until about 11,000 years ago. Some believe it to be a relict Homo Erectus modified by island dwarfism to be a more diminutive species. Recent research points out, however, that the Hobbit foot is more Australopithecine than Homo Erectus, so the jury is still out. An alternate species of human survived in the Phillipines until at least 17,000 years ago. Myra Shackley believes that the Almas or Almasty variant of "bigfoot" in the Caucasus is a relict population of Neanderthal that survied until the modern day, or at least until very recently. She also believes that Neanderthals survived in the Altai, on the edge of the Gobi Desert, until now or recently. The Indonesian Hobbit of Flores may explain the Orang Pendek reports from Southease Asia if it survived beyond 11,000 years ago.

There are stranger things in heaven and Earth than may be dreamt of in our philosophies...

There are those who believe that the America Bigfoot may be a surviving population of the Chinese Gigantopithecus, and of course if such could make it to America, there is nothing to prevent it from also spreading in Eurasia, as there is no land-bridge to have to negotiate in that direction! I think that the various reports of hairy "people" may in fact be ancient survivals that no one has actually quantified yet because, well, they just don't believe in them, and therefore see no need to quantify 'em!

Myra Shackley wrote a book on the subject some time ago that had a name similar to "Still Living?" I'll have to look it up and change it as necessary in this post.

ETA: Ms. Shackley's book is titled "Still Living?: Yeti, Sasquatch and the Neanderthal Enigma"

Her Wkipage 

A blog about her

An article on Yeti vs. relict survivals

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by BIAD - 04-11-2019, 09:25 PM
RE: Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by Wallfire - 02-17-2020, 10:20 AM
RE: Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by Ninurta - 02-18-2020, 10:06 PM