Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Branch Of Humans Discovered.
(02-18-2020, 10:41 AM)BIAD Wrote: It is a bit of a hike!
The ever-faithful -but not always accurate, Wikipedia states the Neanderthals called it a day around 40,000 years-ago
after failing to adapt to... new parasites from homo-sapiens, new technology, having a poorer gait and the overthrow
via inter-breeding.

These shambling brutes of Europe, because that's where the some sparse remains have been found (apparently
Neanderthals weren't one for vacationing in warmer climes?), struggled to compete with the ever-go-lucky new boys
on the block and hence, died out under all the theories of cleverer men than you and I.
tinywondering
(By the way, I totally agree with your statement that paleo-anthropology has been infected by politics.)

That 40,000 years ago figure for the Neanderthal demise is one of those "adjustments" that have recently been made to bring paleoanthropology into the political fold. It had to be changed to fit into the new narrative, and someone waved a wand and presto-chango! the change was made. Neanderthals actually "died out" (excepting their surviving genes in New Man) between 24,000 and 28,000 years ago. However, such a recent date for their demise does not underscore the danger and violence inherent in New Man or Orange Man (take your pick - they seem to be one and the same very dangerous thing) if we allowed them to survive and peacefully co-existed with them (VERY peacefully - we exchanged genetic material, and there is only one way THAT happens!) for a whole 17,000 to 21,000 years after we arrived in Europe 45,000 years ago (from Africa, of course - El Al apparently had flights even back then. Someone had to cover for Quantas' shortcomings!)

Quote:So since all that was going on and Quantas hadn't been invented, how did these Australian Aborigines take time out
of shaking their heads at the Upper Paleolithic bullying and playing with boomerangs, and visit South America in order
to erect rock shelters?
Was Epstein's private-jet around even back then?
tinysurprised

I think it is likely that Australian Aborigines may represent the closest we currently have to "original" Modern Human, that they likely originated in Central or South Asia, and migrated outward from there - including to the Americas. They retained most of their original character only in Australia because of their isolation there. Everywhere else, they interbred with local variants of Modern Human, and that original character changed over time into what we have today. I will note here that before they arrived in Australia, they also interbred with Neanderthals and Denisovans both, which is likely to have changed them a bit from what originally was. Other local variants developed in Europe, Asia, and possibly Africa, changing those populations a bit further from the originals, along with their interbreeding with more "primitive" varieties of human which survived a little longer in those areas, changing them even further into the variants we have today.

Quote:I dare say that It seems these fur-wearing Flintsone-like peoples aren't playing to the rules, it seems that they didn't get
the memo regarding modern-day lore of cavemen. Unless, the reality is... nah, I never went to university, so what do I
know.
tinysure
No, let's just put it down to these folk -north of the Amazon River in Brazil, are just not educated enough to realise that
the ability to travel vast distances belongs to modern-man and leave it at that. Gaawd... stop ruining the narrative.
tinysure

I'm told that because of the physics of wing area vs. body mass, bumble bees cannot actually fly. However, no one has told bumble bees that, and so they fly along blissfully unaware of their limitations. Perhaps no one told the Aborigines that they can't get here from there, and so they did anyhow, on their own terms blissfully unaware of the limitations we place upon them?

Quote:
Quote:What would you trade for one? [Bigfoot carcass]

I have no idea and don't wish to know what's buried in those mounds on your property.
tinyhuh

Well, ya can't just leave them laying around, y'know? It might scare the children!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by BIAD - 04-11-2019, 09:25 PM
RE: Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by Wallfire - 02-17-2020, 10:20 AM
RE: Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by Ninurta - 02-18-2020, 09:40 PM