Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Branch Of Humans Discovered.
(02-17-2020, 12:30 PM)BIAD Wrote: The 'Clovis' debate (believed to have been mammoth hunters, likely arrived via the Bering land bridge that
once linked Asia and Alaska) is still being held onto in regards of the Americas, but there's evidence that
humans were inhabiting that continent long before the unshaven spear-throwers got there.

Clovis yet lives. My DNA was compared to Clovis DNA (the Anzick Child from a burial in Montana), and I'm related to Clovis. But you are correct - there were already people here when Clovis arrived. Clovis is only about 12,000 years old, but there were people here in Virginia at Cactus Hill 17,000 years ago, at Meadowcroft Pennsylvania 19,000 years ago, and there are remains of a mastodon hunt just across the mountain in Saltville, Virginia from between 14,500 and 15,000 years ago. All long before Clovis. A picture of a Columbian mammoth was found engraved on a bone in Florida some years ago, but I'm not sure how old it was determined to be... but it's a Columbian mammoth, and so has to be pretty old!

In South America, there is a camp site in Argentina claimed to be between 30,000 and 35,000 years old, and north of the Amazon River in Brazil there is a rock shelter that it is claimed people related to Australian Aborigines lived at between 30,000 and 40,000 years ago. They would have had to have been in the Americas for quite some time before that in order to have filtered all the way down to South America. That's a long walk from here, y'know?

Quote:So who's to say when tribes of similar upright apes split-up and decided to comb their hair differently...?

I part mine right down the middle of my back...

Quote:Of course, grab yourself a Bigfoot body and all of it goes out of the  window!
minusculethumbsup

What would you trade for one?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by BIAD - 04-11-2019, 09:25 PM
RE: Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by Wallfire - 02-17-2020, 10:20 AM
RE: Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by Ninurta - 02-18-2020, 05:46 AM