Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Intelligence Committee Report On FISA Abuses
I agree DFC, this Carter Page-fellow seems a real dick-head and I can see how his interactions with Russia, the Trump
campaign and surveillance of Trump Tower would -to an onlooker, seem a very important situation regarding national
security.

But the Nunes memo indicates more than just perceived individual biasedness in the FBI and dubious Federal protocols,
it offers an insight to the 'Tail-Wagging-The-Dog' syndrome.

The FISA warrant to keep an eye on him does have merit, but the up-keep of that warrant needs to be probed further
as well and once more, leads us to the poor diligence of acquiring the evidence for that up-keep.

My favourite 'pinata' is Journalism and the duplicitous manner of it's ratings-grabbing investigations. In standard society,
a report would come from something that occurred and was testable. The evidence would be the grist of the story and
not the narrative to sway a reader or viewer.
Sadly these days, the need to convince through vague implication and slanted optics seems to be the norm.

And that -I believe, is where this particular investigation came from, the manipulation of mediums that to some extent,
support a preferred dossier from Christopher Steele.

Carter Page.
Quote:In Wikipedia, it states '...Page's name repeatedly shows up in a 'leaked a contract intelligence dossier containing
unsubstantiated allegations of close interactions between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin...'
SOURCE:

If these allegations needed mores substance to believed by the FBI, what would be more confirmable than asking
Journalists who traffic in the nuances of 'could-be's'? They have sources -it's presumed and when approached, it
seems that the FBI obtained favourable information that hints towards something going on with persons connected
with the Trump campaign.

Fusion GPS is a Journalistic creation, the U.S. Department of Justice looked into any connection between this
company and Russia. It's been accused of assisting the Democratic party to derail Mitt Romney's campaign and...

Quote:'...In 2013, the US Department of Justice, represented by the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York,
Preet Bharara, sued Prevezon Holding, a Republic of Cyprus corporation registered in New York State as a
foreign business corporation, under the Magnitsky Act for money-laundering.

The lawsuit sought forfeiture of various assets and real estate holdings in the US.  In May 2017, two months after
President Trump had dismissed Bharara, the lawsuit was settled for $6 million, without Prevezon admitting to any
wrongdoing and with both sides claiming victory.

The sole shareholder of Prevezon was Russian citizen Denis Katsyv, whose father is Petr Katsyv, vice president
of Russia's state-run rail monopoly and "reportedly a business associate of Vladimir Yakunin, a confidant of Vladimir
Putin".
Katsyv’s Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya was not licensed to practice in the US, and Katsyv hired the law firm
of BakerHostetler to represent Prevezon; BakerHostetler hired Fusion GPS in early 2014 to provide research help
for the litigation...'
SOURCE:

In regards of the 'Trump situation'...
(From the same source as above)
Quote:'...In September 2015, Fusion GPS was hired by The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative political website,
to do opposition research on Trump and other Republican presidential candidates.

In spring 2016 when Trump had emerged as the probable Republican candidate, the Free Beacon stopped funding
investigation into Trump. From April 2016 through October 2016, the law firm Perkins Coie, on behalf of the Clinton
campaign and the Democratic National Committee retained Fusion GPS to continue opposition research on Trump.

In June 2016, Fusion GPS retained Christopher Steele, a private British corporate intelligence investigator and former
MI-6 agent, to research any Russian connections to Trump. Steele produced a 35-page series of memos from June to
December 2016, which became the document known as the Donald Trump–Russia dossier.

Fusion GPS provided Marc Elias, the lead election lawyer for Perkins Coie, with the resulting dossier and other research
documents...'

Do you see the preferred narrative...?! I know there's alternative new outlets that may have favoured the Republican
party, but the 'bubble'... the group that had more access to listeners/viewers/readers out-voiced any opposing groups
due to their larger mainstream, socially-preferred approach.

I'll not labour the obvious that if such verve was shown towards Hillary Clinton's email debacle, then we could possibly
use the word 'equality'!! But news is supposed to equal in it's reporting, a across-the-board relating of unbiased information.

One can like Trump or hate him, but surely if the country benefits by the elected administration, wouldn't that be the area
he and his party would be held accountable for? If the voters picked the wrong guy and the economy, problems with other
countries and real, world-wide dilemmas, then the media should be all over his presidency like a cheap-suit!

But what seems to have happened in regard of the FBI seeking assurance of the contents of Steele's dossier, is that
Steele -himself, was relating information to certain news outlets in order to prop-up his collection of documents.

The act of him/Fusion GPS being paid by originally the Republican party, an opposing political party, the FBI and possibly
others, doesn't go a long way to offering Christopher Steele's integrity in his quest to seek the truth.
But it does offer a ready-made arena to drop in convenient evidence, all created by a fevered biasedness of -what seems
to be by the constant negative reporting of Trump and Steele's mysterious dislike for the fellow.

Even after Steele was dropped from the FBI's investigations, he was still interacting with someone within that agency.
Why...?Why after doing one's paid-for job, would an ex-spy/investigator continue to interact with the agency and presumably
propagate negative information? It's certainly not professionalism.

But it's to get Trump and that seems to be the paramount mission here.
In my humble opinion, I think that's where it all went wrong. The FBI was certainly politicised and if one needs to validate
their preferred ethical views, some may use the tools at-hand to find evidence they're correct.

Steele hated Trump, Hillary Clinton and the Democrats wanted the Presidency, sections of the FBI didn't like Trump and
the majority of the media had been accused of canard by Trump... their goal was the same.
If all these factions were correct, that meant:
A. Trump wouldn't win the election.
B. Trump would be seen as a corrupt head-piece of the Republican party and create an effect that could benefit the
mid-term elections and possibly hinder the next presidential election for the Republicans.
C. The FBI and other agencies would be seen to be doing their job.

It became a circle-jerk, where all the information pointing in the one direction everyone involved approved of.
Carter Page may have been the starting point, but considering the Russians' view of him, I'd suggest he may have been
a means-to-an-end.

Quote:'...Page is frequently quoted by Russian state television, where he is presented as a "famous American economist".
In 2013, Russian intelligence operatives attempted to recruit Page, and one described him as enthusiastic about business
opportunities in Russia but an "idiot".

News accounts in 2017 indicated that because of these ties to Russia, Page had been the subject of a FISA warrant in 2014,
at least two years earlier than was indicated in the stories concerning his role in the 2016 Presidential campaign of Donald
Trump...'
SOURCE:

Quote:'...Page, a native of Poughkeepsie, New York, who made trips to Moscow during the campaign and the presidential transition,
has been described as an energy consultant and businessman with an interest in foreign policy.
Page was also described by a Russian intelligence agent who was trying to recruit him as an asset for Moscow in 2013 in
another way: “idiot”.

“He wants to meet when he gets back,” the agent, Victor Podobnyy, said in a conversation recorded by US intelligence.
“I think he is an idiot and forgot who I am. Plus he writes to me in Russian [to] practice the language.”

In eight hours of testimony before Nunes’s committee late last year, Page flatly denied the accusation that he had colluded
with Russia in the run-up to the 2016 presidential election, though he admitted communicating with senior Trump campaign
officials about a July 2016 trip to Moscow in which he met with at least one top Russian government official...'

'...Page told congressional investigators that the meeting was short and inconsequential.
He also downplayed his role in the Trump campaign, saying he did not know Trump personally but learned from studying
him on video.
“I’ve never met Donald J Trump in my life, I’ve learned a lot from him, and I got great insights from that, from listening and
studying the information that he – that he’s provided in public forums,” Page said...'
The Guardian:

A possible whisperer to a foreign 'enemy'...? Maybe, but it's a tenuous link to assume he's part of a gang doing the
bidding of Putin and Trump is Robert Duvall's character in the Godfather!

To be candid, I think this was low-grade horse manure used to stink up the Republican's bid for the White House.
After swimming in this crap of 'maybes' and 'tittle-tattle ratings-trickery' the Trump-hating groups were forced to produce
evidence because of the poor progress from ongoing investigation Hearings.
That evidence to-date, is not good enough.

Notice the Pizzagate child-molesting stories held very little sway in the mainstream media and yet, when it came
to Trump allegedly accepting an offer of prostitutes willing to urinate on a hotel bed -instead of acquiring a business
in Russia, it was proclaimed as a sign of his amateur political prowess.

Hookers pissing on beds belongs in the tabloids and I'd suggest isn't evidence that Putin holds the political reins in the US.

Ethical reporting and the presumed failure of all the US agencies to protect it's country from this alleged invasion, are the
only victims in all of this. If Trump is a Soviet mule, he's been very good at hiding it.
And... if true, he can't have done it alone.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: House Intelligence Committee Report On FISA Abuses - by BIAD - 02-03-2018, 01:18 PM
RE: House Intelligence Committee Report On FISA Abuses - by Wallfire - 02-05-2018, 04:48 PM
RE: House Intelligence Committee Report On FISA Abuses - by Wallfire - 02-05-2018, 05:18 PM