Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
URGENT: ALL MUST SEE RADAR WARNING!! Tropical Storm NATE
Can't get out of it's path. According to the map, it's set to potentially roll right over the roof of my house, and, well, yours too.

Buy wading boots, and maybe a boat. I live in a flood prone area already, proven by the entire town being carried away a couple of times already in flooding - the nearest town is not at all the same town that occupied the spot 30 years ago, and that town was not the same town that occupied the same spot 60 years ago, which was not the same town that occupied the spot 90 years ago, which in turn is not the same town that occupied the spot 120 years ago... but they all had the same name, and occupied the same patch of ground. When the floods scour the town away, folks just build another one and reuse the same name the last one had.

I live on high ground a few miles away from the town, so I'm not worried, but travel can get dicey around here, and electric power gets spotty when travel gets dicey. I reckon we're going to town tomorrow to stock up on grub, and if for whatever reason we can't, I've already got a case of MRE's to carry us through until we can (which, of course, require no external power to cook).

Rain is predicted here from tomorrow morning until some time Thursday. I'm on lunch right now, and when I went to work this morning, the sky was clear and blue, but it's overcast with roiling clouds now at lunch time. I expect it may start raining rather sooner than expected. On the drive down the mountain, I noticed that almost ALL of the trees are showing the white underside of their leaves, a sure sign a storm is coming. It has something to do with the leaves growing under one wind direction, and storms causing the winds to come from another direction.

It's all good - we've survived such here, over and over again already. ain't nothing but another one coming... but I wish I'd bought stock in the local construction materials market!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: URGENT: ALL MUST SEE RADAR WARNING!! Tropical Storm NATE - by Ninurta - 10-07-2017, 08:51 PM