Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is It or Isn't a Religion? You Tell me.
(11-14-2017, 08:47 PM)dadmansabode Wrote: lol ... someone wanna discuss the doctrinal heresy of the Roman Catholic Church ??

[Image: hm-0706XX.jpg]

From the frying pan to the fire

Sure, why not?

I'm not real big on religious catchphrases like "doctrinal heresy", but from what I've seen Catholics have a lot of gall calling themselves "christians"... but, then again, so do most of the Protestant churches I've been to.

The problem is, in both cases their doctrines take a pretty wide departure from what the bible actually teaches.

"God is love"... that right there is some thick bullshit. God is God. Love is love. "Christians" are confused. There is a light in my car that says "the door is ajar" when it's open, and I know damned good and well the door is a door, and not a jar at all. It won't even hold rain water, much less good home made whiskey! Still, some of them churches preach "God is love", when that is demonstrably false, just as false as my car door being a glass container for jams and jellies.

God "loved Jacob, but hated Esau" - now how can "love" hate?

It's serious discrepancies like that that let me know unequivocally that most "christian" doctrines have no basis in the bible at all. They are the reasons that, although I follow Jesus and read the bible, I steadfastly refuse to call myself a "christian" - I don't want to be associated with the charlatans who DO.

I don't care whether those charlatans call themselves "Catholics" or "Protestants" - charlatans are charlatans, and I care nary a bit how they want to grade themselves out.

How's that for starters?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is It or Isn't a Religion? You Tell me. - by Wallfire - 11-14-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: Is It or Isn't a Religion? You Tell me. - by Ninurta - 11-15-2017, 07:52 AM