Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally
From The BBC. Wednesday, 16th Aug. 2017.

Trump stance on Charlottesville violence angers Republicans.

Quote:'Leading figures in Donald Trump's Republican party have reacted angrily to his latest comments
blaming both sides for the violent clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday.
They culminated with a person being killed and many injured when a car hit people opposed to a
far-right rally...'

Well someone was fighting with someone, so who were the sides?
We know who the rally was organised for, the Far-Right. A group of racist bigots who had somehow
obtained a permit to have the meeting. But were they fighting among themselves?

Quote:'...Many echoed House Speaker Paul Ryan who said: "White supremacy is repulsive.. There can be
no moral ambiguity." Mr Trump had condemned white supremacist groups on Monday.
But on Tuesday he reverted to his initial reaction...'

I'll take it there's a uniform that accompanies those who project themselves as 'Captain Obvious'
and as any fourth-grader could tell you, the majority of the public that Mr. Ryan is speaking to, would
agree with his assumed outrage.

Quote:'...The right-wing march had been organised to protest against the proposed removal of a statue of
Gen Robert E Lee, who commanded the pro-slavery Confederate forces during the American Civil
War.
The event drew white supremacy groups...'

Ah-ha, found them! The 'right-wing group' -an ambiguous title at best from the BBC, fought against
white supremacy groups... got it. And the tragedy ensued from that confrontation?

Quote:'...Violence broke out after they were confronted by anti-fascism groups. A BBC correspondent at the
scene described how members of the so-called "alt-right" openly carried rifles and were dressed in
full tactical gear...'

Hmmm, this is a dilemma. A permit-carrying group met with a white supremacist group -who'll we
must guess held a permit too and then, another group called 'anti-fascism' -brandishing their own
permit, came to hold a counter-rally?

Surely there was a breakdown in communication within the Charlottesville City Officialdom?
It's just a darn shame the BBC correspondent -who was there on behalf of the British Broacasting
Corporation on the off-chance something newsworthy occurred, didn't realise the error and contact
someone from the Charlottesville Council and asked what on earth happened.
Ce la vie.

In my humble opinion -and if I was a law-enforcement officer, I think the group wearing tactical gear
and carrying rifles should've really been dealt with immediately! A peaceful protest of whatever they
believed in doesn't require firearms, does it?
(I'm a defenceless Brit, so whadda I know?!!)

Quote:'...Their leftist rivals threw bottles, rocks and paint. Pepper spray was used by both sides...'

The writer means 'rightists' doesn't he...? Or is he stating that to begin with, a permit-holding anti-fascist
group hurled bottles, rocks and paint?
By the way, another coincidence is that a store was open nearby where these alleged 'leftists' could
purchase their tins of paint. The owner of the paint-shop must accept some blame on that one.

Both sides (I thought there were three?!)... had pepper-spray, which I assume is not because everyone
expected violence, but because it's a prerequisite when having a permit to protest.
Heck... any fourth-grader can tell you that!

Quote:'..."I think there is blame on both sides," Mr Trump told reporters at a tense press conference at Trump
Tower in New York.
"You had a group on one side that was bad. You had a group on the other side that was also very
violent. Nobody wants to say that. I'll say it right now."...'

I'll refrain on commenting on the rational logic of the President's statement and just say that people
hate (hate?!!) him because of his hair and fake-tan. A rational dialectic from a white-ish male has no
place in a society that kills blacks and perceives illegal immigration as a crime.

Quote:'..."What about the alt-left that came charging... at the, as you say, the alt-right? Do they have any
semblance of guilt? (...) There are two sides to a story," Mr Trump said in response to one reporter...

Aye... and he's just saying it because he's a Klan-member. There were men and women there at
that rally with a permit to counter... there were men and women and other genders and races there
to counter the Nazis and white supremacist protest and to do it peacefully.
With bottles, rocks and paint... but both sides had pepper-spray.

Quote:'...He condemned the driver of a car that ploughed into one group of anti-racism protesters, killing
32-year-old Heather Heyer and injuring 19 others...'

Move along Capt. Obvious and for any young folk reading this, that doesn't mean I'm being heartless
or 'un-feeling'

Quote:'....But he said that those who had marched in defence of the statue had included "many fine people";
and he asked whether statues of former presidents George Washington and Thomas Jefferson
should also be torn down, because they had been slave-owners...'

And the answer to the question...? No...? Mr. Acosta... maybe you have a poem about this query
from your leader?

Quote:'...Mr Trump's remarks were welcomed by David Duke, a former leader of the Ku Klux Klan, who
tweeted:
"Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the
truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa."
But many others strongly condemned the comments...'

Oooh. Black-Lives-Matter and Antifa were there! Can we assume they were the 'Leftists' that -by past
histories, have been involved in heavy-handed peaceful protesting?
Wow! This information is a little late and placed well down in the article.

But the tweet is condemned for it's content by 'others' and so it's either false information or these
'others' do not like the manner that the mentioned-groups are tainted in the tweet's implication.

Quote:'...Of the reactions of some 55 Republican and Democrat politicians collected by the Washington Post,
only the spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee, Kayleigh McEnany, expressed her
support.

"President @realDonaldTrump once again denounced hate today.
The GOP stands behind his message of love and inclusiveness!"...'

The revolving position for Captain Obvious is always up for grabs.

Quote:'...Veteran Republican Senator John McCain tweeted: "There is no moral equivalency between racists
& Americans standing up to defy hate & bigotry."...'

When is somebody going to go on the record around here and say the sky is blue?

Quote:'...One of Mr Trump's former rivals for the Republican presidential nomination, Marco Rubio sent a
series of tweets.

"Mr. President,you can't allow #WhiteSupremacists to share
only part of blame.They support idea which cost nation &
world so much pain 5/6"...'

The 'head-in-hand' emoji just won't cut it anymore.

Quote:'...Richard Trumka, president of the AFL-CIO trade union federation, became the fifth prominent business
leader to resign from President Trump's advisory body, the American Manufacturing Council, over the
issue.

He said he could not take part "for a president who tolerates bigotry and domestic terrorism".
In another development, the response of former President Barack Obama to the violence in Charlottesville
has become the most-liked tweet ever.

The message, quoting Nelson Mandela, reads: "No-one is born hating another person because of the
colour of his skin or his background or his religion."
It has been "liked" nearly three million times since being posted on Sunday...'

I agree with Mr. Trumka, people who involve themselves in this sort of terrorism should be held accountable
and prosecuted to the full letter of the law. Or at least, be denied a rally-permit.
(Jeezus, this is like fourth-grade educating... melmet or no melmet!)

Ex-President Obama's tweet is wise and relevant to the statue... which is an inanimate object.
I apologise that I'm unable to judge the worth of the amount of 'likes' I know what it means, but I don't
know what it really means.

However, those who constructed the effigy of General Robert E Lee should be imprisoned for their
insensitivity and regardless of the letter he sent to his wife regarding slavery, should be seen as a
'bad person' -who is white too.

Quote:'...On Monday, Donald Trump's condemnation of the far-right came from advisers counselling him on what
was politically necessary to defuse the growing storm following the Charlottesville violence.
On Tuesday, the president said what he really thought.

Although he initially explained away the delay in condemnations of white supremacists as necessary
for him to gather "the facts" of the situation, the nature of the protests were quite evident by the evening
before, when demonstrators chanting white supremacist slogans held a torchlight parade through
Charlottesville...'

At the time of this writing, I can state that I have also written a letter to the UK Metropolitan Police and
demanded that some of our officers be 'dragooned' over to Charlottesville in the hopes that a law
enforcement agency can be created.

This will:
A. Provide on-the-ground information for those officials who are accountable when such tragic and violent
incidents appear.
B. Can enforce the State and Country law in order prevent such hysterical and frightening gatherings in the
name of arcane-belief of 'free-speech'

I'm quite sure that if a crime was being committed or a law was being broken, then a police presence
at the rally could have assisted in quelling this terrible torchlight parade.
(Seriously, the 'head-in-hand' emoji will certainly not suffice!)

Quote:'...In any regard, Mr Trump has shown little reluctance in jumping to conclusions about violent incidents
when it appears Islamic extremism is at play...'

Hash-Tag-Not All something or other.
I'm getting lost in all this bullshit... are they saying that Trump didn't ball-out the Klan enough or that
he shouldn't have balled-out BLM and Antifa at all?!

Quote:'...Upon further questioning, it became clear that the president views the Charlottesville unrest as far
from a one-sided affair...'

If Trump get's the 'affair' involved two sides, he's ahead of most of the MSM!!

'...Mixed in among the white supremacists, he said, were some good, peaceful people protesting the
removal of a statue (of a man who led an army against the US government).
And there were plenty of violent individuals among the counter-protesters as well...'

WAIT A MOMENT...!! (shouted in Kevin Kline's 'pompous Brit' voice from 'A Fish Called Wanda')
That's coming in a bit late, isn't it?!! There were plenty of violent indiv... can you actually say that, BBC?

But I thought the Nazis were the violent troublemakers...? You're saying (right at the f*ckin' end of your
article)... that there was another facet to this confrontation.
Got it.

Quote:'...When the president on Saturday said there were "many sides" to blame, he meant it.

If Donald Trump's initial handling of the fallout from Charlottesville started a political fire, on
Tuesday the president poured on a bucket of kerosene and danced around the flames...'
Government-Funded BBC:

You mean he said something that the Democr... the mainstream media didn't like and he then forced
you give it air-time to deter anyone from calling you a set of baised outlets.
Christ, any fourth-grader can see through your thinly-veiled tenaciousness.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally - by 1984hasarrived - 08-13-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally - by 1984hasarrived - 08-14-2017, 09:21 PM
RE: Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally - by BIAD - 08-16-2017, 02:15 PM