Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just got here? Step this way, please...
(03-22-2022, 07:09 AM)guohua Wrote: @"TDDA" 
That was interesting.
Colors from voice and music, WoW.
Sound to me like your Penal Gland to more active than other people.

Germany is a Beautiful Country.
My husband had some assignments there during the Cold War Years.

You are a designer and builder of high performance engines, when The Shit Hit The Fan (TSHTF) your skills will be in very high demand.

Yes you can Curse at this site if you want.

It is very nice to met you, I am Guohua (yes that is my name) I was born in the Peoples Republic of China a very long time ago, yes born and raised and educated under the Chairman Mao Regime. 
My parents were both educator, my first husband was an arranged marriage than ended in divorce because I would not give away our daughter and try for a male child.
My husband now is an American.

Again, it is very nice to know more about you and I know I can talk for all of Rogue-Nation3 when I say, We Are Very Happy You Found A Home Here.

It's really nothing special and has more to do with my senses being wired up all together. As a kid I could taste pain even. All that is left now being 34 is the so called audio-visual and the space-time synesthesia mostly. I only found out a couple years ago accidental during a walk with a friend in the forest. It thought it's normal to see sound, at least with closed eyes I thought it's normal for everyone. For me, the darker it is, the better I pick it up. And it's not imagined or halucinating, during these EEG tests they tried to fiend out what stimuli fires what and it's clear that if I hear sounds, both regions of vision and hearing light up together simultan. I thought it's all normal.

Turns out it isn't. And then it came to me like an avalanche. All the strange encounters when I said things like "this hurts like strawberry" or "it was a high month". Or people not being able to remember all the details like smell, mood of persons and texture of situations. I was frustrated often. I thought why do people have so bad memory about situations while knowing my memory is not "better". "Dude you broke your leg that day and your mom was super pissed about your brother when we left before. It was a mild day smelled like spring and we didn't know what to do with our time. So.....(etc)"  Turns out I just record every sense into memory. That does not mean I do not forget stuff or can memorize like Rainmain, actually often I am feeling very dumb when someone explains something I know is mundane to others. I also memorize date and time in 3D space that's called "space-time" synesthesia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

I expect a lot of people here finding themselves in this. 1/10 roughly. Just need to make them aware. It is passed down genetically too. Even my uncle had a form of it. I walked over 25 years over this Earth and had no idea. Like again, I can't stress enough, nothing to do with intelligence or better memory, just people like me access and store it different.

Designer would be a bit too much. Enhancer fit's better. While I could design an engine in theory and built one from scratch during my master exam, it would not make a lot of sense. I am the one taring it apart, change stroke, get crankshaft balanced, check tolerances, cylinder geometry, pistons, hone, set sleeves (+50 other things), whatever needs to be done and put it back together, mount it (with help), map it etc. The only things I design are my custom turbo chargers but the single parts I of course buy or let build to specs and modify, then assemble.

It's not easy as a woman though, you get all kind of shit to hear. From the old "omg a woman behind a wheel" to "you get it back with lipstick" over "where is the mechanic / owner of this shop" and stuff. The only thing that helps is showing them time after time you are better than they are. It was the same in the instructor course, I was the only woman. "Hahahah" - I heard all the jokes, nodded, thought "assholes -> I show you" and graduated best in class and showed them their place. THAT is something I am proud of most :D

Messages In This Thread
Just got here? Step this way, please... - by Sol - 05-24-2016, 03:40 PM
RE: Just got here? Step this way, please... - by 1984hasarrived - 07-19-2016, 11:15 PM
RE: Just got here? Step this way, please... - by 1984hasarrived - 07-19-2016, 11:13 PM
RE: Just got here? Step this way, please... - by 1984hasarrived - 09-07-2016, 07:03 AM
Hi. My name is Phage - by Phage - 06-21-2020, 09:59 PM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by guohua - 06-21-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by BIAD - 06-21-2020, 10:06 PM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by Phage - 06-21-2020, 10:10 PM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by guohua - 06-21-2020, 10:20 PM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by gordi - 06-22-2020, 08:39 AM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by guohua - 06-22-2020, 09:17 AM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by Wookiep - 06-22-2020, 06:31 PM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by gordi - 06-22-2020, 06:32 PM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by Wookiep - 06-22-2020, 06:39 PM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by bts - 06-22-2020, 09:51 PM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by LSU2018 - 06-22-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: Hi. My name is Phage - by Sol - 06-22-2020, 08:33 PM
Thank you for having us <3 - by themuse - 03-20-2022, 06:29 PM
RE: Just got here? Step this way, please... - by VeronaIntel - 03-20-2022, 06:30 PM
RE: Just got here? Step this way, please... - by AdmireTheDistance - 03-20-2022, 10:25 PM
RE: Just got here? Step this way, please... - by ToriaCee - 03-21-2022, 02:46 AM
RE: Just got here? Step this way, please... - by TDDA - 03-22-2022, 08:02 AM
itsamybe just saying hello - by itsamaybe - 03-23-2022, 02:08 AM
RE: itsamybe just saying hello - by Snarl - 03-23-2022, 02:11 AM
RE: itsamybe just saying hello - by guohua - 03-23-2022, 02:56 AM