Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump lies again
USS Carl Vinson Carrier was not on way to North Korea, reports say

Quote:The U.S. Navy said on Tuesday that it did not move the USS Carl Vinson toward North Korea despite President Trump’s earlier comments he made on Fox Business that he was sending an “armada” to deter Pyongyang

So apparently the "armada" was headed away from Korea as he spoke.  Does he know anything that is going on?

His defenders will say he was given the wrong intelligence, others will just say he is clueless and a blatant liar.

This is from Fox News, that has to hurt.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/...s-say.html
Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnn ....... all politicians / leaders lie ..... it would be news if one ever did tell the truth ...... it would also be last thing they ever did as truth is fatal to them ......

Yes .... we know you dont like trump ..... deal with it sunshine .... we endured eight years of the kenyan piece of shit obummas regime ...... at least trump cant fuck things up any worse than the damn kenyan imposter already has ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(04-19-2017, 11:55 AM)Daitengu Wrote: Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnn ....... all politicians / leaders lie ..... it would be news if one ever did tell the truth ...... it would also be last thing they ever did as truth is fatal to them ......

Yes .... we know you dont like trump ..... deal with it sunshine .... we endured eight years of the kenyan piece of shit obummas regime ...... at least trump cant fuck things up any worse than the damn kenyan imposter already has ......

I know that all politicians lie, that is their SOP, but Trump is neither a politician nor a leader, and claims to speak as he finds, allegedly. Unlike others I will not be bullied and forced to be quiet when I see lies and stupidity spread.

I hate how Trump surrogates just accept his lies, that is very sad.

Do you seriously think Trump will make it through four years, look at the mess after only a few months.

My post has nothing to do with Obama, so why bring him into it? Oh yes, deflection as always by Trump supporters.

Deal with what I said, "sunshine", and stop trying to justify his constant lying.  

I know you are smart enough to think of at least five times he has blatantly lied to you and American.  But then you are in the cult of Trump, cult I said.
I think the sad truth is that the US political forum has been dragged down from intelligent debate
and the aspiration of gravitas to a slick-assed, name-calling, game-show arena.

In regards of the recent deception, I'm just disappointed that so much dirty laundry has been aired
to create such doubt. I have no information of what the fleets are really doing.

In past eras, politician's 'wrongs' were valuable currency and only used behind closed-doors.
There were no winners in the last election, but since I'm neutral, I can only hope that the citizens
of the USA pull together.

Keep the faith, 1984.
minusculebeercheers
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Nope .... NOT in trump cult ..... I follow NO DAMN LEADERS of any type ...... have neither a need nor use for any of the bastards ..... nor do I owe allegiance to anyone .....  its my life .... I live it on my terms .... not those of the damn primitives on this backwater rock that are still butchering each other over their imaginary skyfairies .... borders ..... money..... resources..... or the million other fucking idiotic reasons they come up with ...... in the end none of it means a damn thing ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Ok, let's keep this real simple.

In my original post, did Trump lie?

Yes or no?

One word answer please.
(04-19-2017, 03:07 PM)1984hasarrived Wrote: Ok, let's keep this real simple.

Yes or no?

One word answer please.

No.
The Navy Fucked Up, bad communication between Navy Staff and the Defence Department.

Quote:Now, the Carl Vinson is finally on a course for the Korean Peninsula, expected to arrive in the region next week, according to Defense Department officials. White House officials declined to comment on the confusion, referring questions to the Pentagon. “Sean discussed it once when asked, and it was all about process,” a spokesman, Michael Short, said of Mr. Spicer.

Privately, however, other officials expressed bewilderment that the Pentagon did not correct its timeline, particularly given the tensions in the region and the fact that Mr. Spicer, as well as the national security adviser, Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, were publicly answering questions about it.
“The ship is now moving north to the Western Pacific,” the Pentagon’s chief spokeswoman, Dana White, said Tuesday. “This should have been communicated more clearly at the time.”
Source

Your Hatred for POTUS Trump is Amazing, the man is not a politician and never claimed to, that's one reason he was elected.
He has been in office three, four months?
I hope he continues to run America like a Business and Fires ALL of Obamas Worshippers in the W H..
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I will admit, Trump speaks out when he should not.
Or at least, he needs to get the information correct before he does. Or rather "his people" need to better inform him, which ever.

Sure all Administrations lie, twist the words around...........basically politics IS a word game, more or less.
Trying to figure out which is the best way to get the message out to people, where the public on both sides of the isle will accept what is being said.
Truth be damned. 

Does it work all the time? Hell no.

Especially now a days where the hateful rhetoric and tensions between the 2 parties is 10 fold. 
And yes, the biased MSM is largely to blame, it is all out in the open now. 
Thank you Wikileaks for helping expose much of that. 

Anyhow, Bill Clinton was the champion with words IMO and that is not a put down. He had a way with words that no one since has.

But therein lies the hypocrisy among many democrats where Trump and the audio tape are concerned.

They seem to have amnesia when it came to  Bill Clinton and the many women that came forward about REAL sexual harassment. Whereas Trump merely had an audio tape, yet they wanted to crucify him.  
Of course, we knew about Billy boy and his womanizing back in Arkansas. So that was nothing new for us. 

Trump I am still unsure of to be honest.

Liked the way he took action in Syria. Even American-Syrians spoke favorably about that decision. 
Unlike Obama who did....nothing.

I like his strong stance on ILLEGAL immigration.
Sorry, but there is a right way and wrong way to enter a country. Period.

I feel like "whatever" where the wall is concerned.
Think if they actually enforce our immigration laws, we may not need to worry about that so much.

Would like to see Sanctuary Cities have their Federal funds taken away when they will not comply with ICE. 
Once again, has to do with immigration laws. 

That is where Democrats lose me, that "free for all" mentality and renaming ILLEGALS "dreamers" to soft soak it and make those who oppose feel guilty.
No, I do not feel guilty.
Just think laws were meant to be in place for a purpose. Not to be ignored by politicians just for 'votes' or whatever agenda they have in mind.

And the guilt trip shit and name calling doesn't work with me .......a.k.a. racist, bigot, islamophobic , sexist etc etc.
Guess I would be in the basket of deplorables that Hillary so eloquently mentioned in her speech that time.
What Hillary really  was saying was --- "anyone who does not vote for me is deplorable".  :smallwink:

Sorry, I know many do not care for Trump.
But Hillary, is as corrupt as they make them and then some.

Maybe next go 'round the Dems will have someone worth a shit to run for office.
But then again, we may have another 4 years of Trump.   smallgreensmoker

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

There is one theory that someone mentioned in an article I read about Trump and his confusing, misdirected Tweets and whatnot.
And it actually made some sense.
Cannot recall exactly how it was worded, but the gist of it was Trump using the MSM.

Now remember, Trump is about using the media at any cost.

This guy truly thinks that many times Trump 'purposely' mis-speaks on some stuff just to get attention.
And well, guess what? It works!!
The MSM jumps on it like flies on horseshit. Literally. Yes, they do. 
Especially CNN.

Not saying that I agree with this tactic, being as some of his off the wall comments leave me scratching my head thinking WTH???

But, what happens the next day?
The media CANNOT stop talking about whatever it was Trump had said/tweeted the night before.

The MSM is so ate up with trying to crucify his azz due to their hatred of him, waiting for his next Tweet that they do not realize that Trump just might be playing them. 

Pretty smart actually.

Even tho at times I myself am thinking -- "just leave Twitter alone for one day. Please.". LOL

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(04-19-2017, 04:33 PM)guohua Wrote:

Yes or no?

One word answer please.

No.
The Navy Fucked Up, bad communication between Navy Staff and the Defence Department.

Quote:Now, the Carl Vinson is finally on a course for the Korean Peninsula, expected to arrive in the region next week, according to Defense Department officials. White House officials declined to comment on the confusion, referring questions to the Pentagon. “Sean discussed it once when asked, and it was all about process,” a spokesman, Michael Short, said of Mr. Spicer.

Privately, however, other officials expressed bewilderment that the Pentagon did not correct its timeline, particularly given the tensions in the region and the fact that Mr. Spicer, as well as the national security adviser, Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, were publicly answering questions about it.
“The ship is now moving north to the Western Pacific,” the Pentagon’s chief spokeswoman, Dana White, said Tuesday. “This should have been communicated more clearly at the time.”
Source

Your Hatred for POTUS Trump is Amazing, the man is not a politician and never claimed to, that's one reason he was elected.
I hope he continues to run America like a Business and Fires ALL of Obamas Worshippers in the W H..

Your blind love for Trump and all he does amazes me more.
Hey, I'm Canadian so what do I know?

But I have eyes to see and ears to listen. And I saw that Trump has gotten China to at least use its influence to cool off Little Kim through diplomatic relations.

If that doesn't show that this President is different, I don't know what does.

He hasn't been there long but has done more for his country already than what our new Prime Minister has done in over a year.

For me, it kinda tells something.

But as I said, hey...I'm just Canadian : )

Nobody's perfect. Does that apply in politics?

minusculethinking
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(04-20-2017, 11:30 AM)Sol Wrote: Hey, I'm Canadian so what do I know?

But I have eyes to see and ears to listen. And I saw that Trump has gotten China to at least use its influence to cool off Little Kim through diplomatic relations.

He hasn't been there long but has done more for his country already than what our new Prime Minister has done in over a year.

minusculethinking

That is just one thing he has allegedly done, what about TrumpRussia, Russiagate, the nepotism?

Please don't try to justify his position with one thing he has supposedly done, by threatening, as bullies do.

Oh, and one question, how many times has he played golf since the inauguration? 

Just curious. Are we into the 20s yet? 

At $3M per round, that is one helluva a game.
(04-20-2017, 11:55 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote: That is just one thing he has allegedly done, what about TrumpRussia, Russiagate, the nepotism?

Please don't try to justify his position with one thing he has supposedly done, by threatening, as bullies do.

Oh, and one question, how many times has he played golf since the inauguration? 

Just curious. Are we into the 20s yet? 

At $3M per round, that is one helluva a game.

Don't worry 1984, he'll be held accountable for any transgressions he's accused of.
The only problem here is the conduits that give us the for-or-against information.

The 'whataboutery' we use regarding Obama and Trump will always be twisted to suit
a preferred narrative. Obama played plenty golf and has recently spent a month in the
French Polynesian islands with all the security that's appropriate for a former President.

Trump visits West Palm Beach, Florida and shacks up in Mar-a-Lago, it's been commented
on that his golfing sprees may be inappropriate considering he's only been in office for a
few months.

That's fine... that's what wealthy people do, but I think the focus should be what they do
behind the resolute desk. (I will refrain from commenting on what Mr. Clinton was alleged
to have done on that famous escritoire!!)

Here's some information of how we're struggling in the waters of poor journalism.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

minusculethinking
I'm Sorry Sol,,, For Canada That is.
Since Trump has been our President (Thank The Gods) more of our illegals have fled North to your Beautiful Country.

Quote:Twenty two people were found illegally crossing the border into the Canadian province of Manitoba this weekend, according to the Canada Border Services Agency.
Link
Quote:President Trump's tough talk on securing the southern border has already had an effect: Fewer illegal aliens are trying to cross.

But it turns out Trump has also affected the northern border.
Link
Quote:A news photographer has documented the latest fallout from U.S. immigration policy to hit Canada: asylum-seekers crossing illegally from the United States into its northern neighbor, where they are promptly arrested. The immigrants say they would rather be arrested in Canada then continue seeking a legal way to live in the United States.
Link
Yup,,,, Your Cheap Labor Has Arrived,,,, Sorry for the loss of jobs and cheap housing.
You Speak Two Languages now,,,, That's right isn't it.
Get ready to learn two or three more, Mexican is easy.
Yes I did say mexican.

Quote:WINDSOR, Ontario, Sept. 20 — Fleeing stepped-up sweeps by the American authorities, illegal immigrants to the United States, mostly Mexican, are arriving in growing numbers at the foot of the bridge in this Canadian border town seeking refugee status.

Still more immigrants, mostly Mexicans living illegally in Florida, have begun trying to make their way past America’s northern border at other locations, the majority of them flying into the airport in Toronto, Canadian officials said Thursday.
Link

[Image: 2739.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f...6fec308200]

Mexico’s president, Enrique Peña Nieto, Canada’s prime minister, Justin Trudeau, and President Barack Obama of the US shake hands in Ottawa, Ontario, on 29 June 2016. Photograph: Chris Wattie/Reuters
Quote:Officials in Canada are readying for a potential surge in Mexican migrants, as a promise to scrap a visa requirement comes into effect amid uncertainty over Donald Trump’s promises to crack down on undocumented immigrants.

From Thursday, Mexican visitors to Canada will no longer need visas. The move has left the government anticipating an increase in Mexican tourists and business travellers, a spokesperson for Canada’s immigration ministry said.
Link
Yes, unfortunately Canada has Flush Itself.
A list of his 394 false or misleading claims

But hey, politicians lie, so whatever.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/...caae615a35

minusculethinking
Oh and another thing you might want to Thank President Trump For,,,,,,, No, No, No not more illegals running for your border like I posted above.
But, California Weed Nuns!
Yes, Yes, yes, Nuns that cultivate and sell Marijuana! smallroflmao 
It would appear Trump as them Scared and they want to move to Canada.
[Image: ?m=02&d=20170420&t=2&i=1181393016&w=&fh=...XMPED3J1DP] 

Quote:The Sisters of the Valley, California's self-ordained "weed nuns," are on a mission to heal and empower women with their cannabis products.

Based near the town of Merced in the Central Valley, which produces over half of the fruit, vegetables and nuts grown in the United States, the Sisters of the Valley grow and harvest their own cannabis plants.

The sisterhood stresses that its seven members, despite the moniker, do not belong to any order of the Catholic Church.

"We're against religion, so we're not a religion. We consider ourselves Beguine revivalists, and we reach back to pre-Christian practices,” said 58-year-old Sister Kate, who founded the sisterhood in 2014.

The group says its Holy Trinity is the marijuana plant, specifically hemp, a strain of marijuana that has very low levels of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive compound in the plant.
Now to the best part.

Quote:President Donald Trump's administration and his Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a longtime critic of marijuana legalization, have worried some in the country's nascent legalized marijuana industry.

But the "weed nuns" say the new administration has strengthened their resolve.

"The thing Trump has done for us is put a fire under our butts to get launched in another country," said Kate. "Our response to Trump is Canada." The group makes online sales to Canda, and hopes to launch an operation there in two months.
Source
(04-19-2017, 04:33 PM)guohua Wrote:

Yes or no?

One word answer please.

No.

Source

HAHAHA tinywhat smallcrackingup 

The US F'n Navy just went in the wrong direction!!!
As for Trump and his golfing, one has to remember first and foremost that Trump is a businessman and does much business on golf courses.

Not saying that is any excuse for spending taxpayers money, but that may be a habit of his from years past.

Plus yes, all Presidents use golf as a form of relaxation away from the hectic D.C. games, so most taxpayers know that is a given. 
Do believe each President goes thru scrutiny by media when it comes to how often they golf. ha. 

But the Left leaning media is out for blood with Trump.

And if Trump continues to donate his salary to charity, as he did his first quarter-pay, that may help off-set his golfing somewhat.
Of course, you won't be hearing about that on CNN or MSNBC any time soon.

True it won't go back to the taxpayers, but his donation will be put to good use by someone.

President donates first-quarter pay to National Park Service

Quote:President Donald Trump has found a recipient for his presidential salary -- at least the portion he earned between January 20 and March 31, 2017.

At the White House press briefing on April 3, press secretary Sean Spicer  that Trump would be donating his full first-quarter, pre-tax earnings of $78,333 to the National Park Service.

"The President has spoken with counsel and made the decision to donate his first-quarter salary, in total, to a government entity, and he has chosen this quarter to donate it to the National Park Service," Spicer said.

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke was at the podium to accept a check for that amount.

I just hope Trump keeps his promise to donate it all over the next 4 years.
We will see.

And we might as well accept his golfing, as we did Obama, Bush, Clinton etc. etc.
Trump has always had a love for golf, that is nothing new. So think we can assume it won't stop due to him being President anytime soon.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(04-21-2017, 05:15 AM)senona Wrote: As for Trump and his golfing, one has to remember first and foremost that Trump is a businessman and does much business on golf courses.

Not saying that is any excuse for spending taxpayers money, but that may be a habit of his from years past.

Plus yes, all Presidents use golf as a form of relaxation away from the hectic D.C. games, so most taxpayers know that is a given. 
Do believe each President goes thru scrutiny by media when it comes to how often they golf. ha. 

And if Trump continues to donate his salary to charity, as he did his first quarter-pay, that may help off-set his golfing somewhat.

True it won't go back to the taxpayers, but his donation will be put to good use by someone.

Quote: President Donald Trump has found a recipient for his presidential salary -- at least the portion he earned between January 20 and March 31, 2017.

At the White House press briefing on April 3, press secretary Sean Spicer  that Trump would be donating his full first-quarter, pre-tax earnings of $78,333 to the National Park Service.

"The President has spoken with counsel and made the decision to donate his first-quarter salary, in total, to a government entity, and he has chosen this quarter to donate it to the National Park Service," Spicer said.

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke was at the podium to accept a check for that amount.

We will see.

And we might as well accept his golfing, as we did Obama, Bush, Clinton etc. etc.

But his golfing level is way more than any other president after less than 100 days.  And I disagree that he is doing business while playing. He criticised Obama for playing golf, and in the next breath said "if I am elected, I won't have time to play golf. I wanna stay in the White House and work my ass off" 

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/...rig-bw.cnn

Remember he said that, well he is doing the opposite, hence that was a ... lie. The source is CNN but the words are his, undeniable facts.  He promised to play less golf, and is doing the exact opposite.

I can't imagine him playing golf with Angela Merkel, hell he wouldn't even shake her hand.

His golfing trips to Mar a Lardo give members of the club to rub shoulders with him and high fliers.  I saw a aselfie by someone boasting about sitting near Trump during dinner at the resort.

He also increased the fees there to $200,000 soon after his appointment, cashing in on his position methinks.

Trump is the kind of guy at work who is watching the clock and is out the door at 4.59 every day, and even earlie on Friday.  Just two weeks ago he was at Mar a Lardo on Thursday.
(04-21-2017, 05:36 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 05:15 AM)senona Wrote: As for Trump and his golfing, one has to remember first and foremost that Trump is a businessman and does much business on golf courses.

Quote: President Donald Trump has found a recipient for his presidential salary -- at least the portion he earned between January 20 and March 31, 2017.

We will see.

But his golfing level is way more than any other president after less than 100 days.  And I disagree that he is doing business while playing. He criticised Obama for playing golf, and in the next breath said "if I am elected, I won't have time to play golf. I wanna stay in the White House and work my ass off" 

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/...rig-bw.cnn

Remember he said that, well he is doing the opposite, hence that was a ... lie. The source is CNN but the words are his, undeniable facts.  He promised to play less golf, and is doing the exact opposite.

I can't imagine him playing golf with Angela Merkel, hell he wouldn't even shake her hand.

His golfing trips to Mar a Lardo give members of the club to rub shoulders with him and high fliers.  I saw a aselfie by someone boasting about sitting near Trump during dinner at the resort.

He also increased the fees there to $200,000 soon after his appointment, cashing in on his position methinks.

Trump is the kind of guy at work who is watching the clock and is out the door at 4.59 every day, and even earlie on Friday.  Just two weeks ago he was at Mar a Lardo on Thursday.

Oh I get the hypocrisy deal of speaking out about Obama, while playing golf himself.
I still say that is the businessman in him even tho he is doing exactly what he complained about Obama doing. 

Not sure if I would call that "lying" tho, saying he wouldn't do that.
Not when it comes to a favorite past time of his for years and years. He might have tried not doing it, but if it is a hobby and a way of making deals so to speak, well it may not be so easy to give up. LOL

I think what drew a lot of criticism on Obama's part was the timing during crucial times.
Such as the decapitation of a hostage, only to act like it was an inconvenience to make a 5 minute speech then continue playing like it was no big deal. 

Obama's timing was off in my opinion when it came to certain things. Poor judgment call. 

We will have to wait and see how Trump does when he is put in a similar intense situation.

Right now, Trump's golfing isn't too-too bad.....yet.
And it may drop off where as other President's might have started to increase, once they got 'settled in'.

Oh hey, bit of trivia here for ya.  minusculebiggrin
Even Sky might like this, if he doesn't already know.

Guess which President golfed the most?
And actually helped the golf industry?

-->> Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Quote:As our golfer in chief, President Dwight D. Eisenhower brought golf to the White House lawn and played nearly 800 rounds while in office. Not since Mary Queen of Scots has a head of state done so much to popularize the game. Fred Corcoran, the legendary golf promoter, once said Eisenhower’s devotion to golf was “the greatest thing that ever happened to the game.”

For being the game’s unofficial ambassador, Eisenhower was selected for induction to the World Golf Hall of Fame in the Lifetime Achievement Category. In a word, Eisenhower inspired. Together with Arnold Palmer, their charisma changed how Americans viewed golf and sparked the nation’s interest in the sport. Don Van Natta Jr., author of “First Off the Tee,” wrote that when Eisenhower assumed office in 1953, an estimated 3.2 million Americans played golf; by 1961, that number had doubled.

“Whatever remained to be done to remove the last traces of the average man’s carefully nurtured prejudice against a game originally linked with the wealthy and aloof was done by President Eisenhower,” historian Herbert Warren Wind, a Hall of Fame member, wrote.

“Probably few men in the long history of the game have ever been bitten by the golf bug as badly as the president.”

800 rounds? WOW....lol.
Now that is some serious playing.

Thought this was funny, his comment about when he was asked about his score....

Quote:Like a regular duffer, Ike loved the game no matter how badly he played and sneaked in a round whenever possible. He drew the line, however, when asked to divulge his score.

“If I don’t improve,” Eisenhower once said, “I’m going to pass a law that no one can ask me my golf score.”

Anyhow, guess we can blame Eisenhower for all the  President's after him for their time on the golf course. 

Quote:The president’s preoccupation with the game became a national punch line. Democrats joked that Eisenhower put in a 36-hole workweek. That often was true. He played Wednesday afternoons and Saturday mornings at Burning Tree Country Club.

Golf Week

Doesn't end the squabble, but thought it to be interesting none the less.  :smallwink:

a.k.a. 'snarky412'