Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Syria Bombing. Your Opinion?
A few things here:

I never understood the notion that Obama was a "weak" leader who didn't know how to take action. The guy was a neocon at heart (or the neocons that run the government certainly got to him). For all of his Nobel bullshit and smooth talk he was one of the worst when it came to indiscriminate bombing. 

Drone Wars, By The Numbers

Quote:Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau.

Nobel Peace Prize?  tinylaughing

And yes, I fully respect people who immediately jump to his whole "Red Line" debacle. But what NOBODY brings up anymore is that after that line was crossed, he was primed and ready to strike. The SAME DAMN strike that Trump ordered (and is being hailed for?). But then, in a moment that should make us F*CKING PROUD, he actually decided to ask congress for PERMISSION. Permission that is usually granted as such by Congress according to the War Powers Act. It was NOT an attack against us, it put the US in no immediate danger, so your God Damn RIGHT I expect a president to ask for permission. It's his constitutional DUTY to do so. 

But congress at the time? They weren't having it. (Congress during most of his tenure would have yelled "YOU LIE!" if he went on TV and said the sky is blue on a Sunny Day...). And to be completely fair, the left wasn't having it either. A bunch of scared scarecrows who were too damn worried about becoming the congress that brought us another war. So this isn't blaming the "right", I'm blaming the "mood" if you will. 

Obama Seeks Approval to Bomb Syria

Then he figures out his resolution won't pass. Some on the right said it had "no clear objective", some of the left said "it's a symbolic strike at best with no plan for actually dealing with Syria", and those in the media just counted the days that have passed since his "red line" was crossed. So he picks up the phone and dials up Putin. He tells Putin that you will help me get rid of these chemical weapons and we'll let the Quagmire that is Syria just keep on trucking. 

While I applaud the effort to get rid of the WMD's, I agree with most and say it still allowed Syria to spiral into an even deeper Hell Hole while really solving nothing. Assad just went from Chlorine to Barrel Bombs. Sarin to conventional artillery.

Fast forward to Trump? Mr. "America First". Mr. :

[Image: 2i20e84.jpg] 

What does he do? Mr. BIG BALLS bombs a base in Syria. He bombs them with NO future plan (he holds that close to the vest tinylaughing ), and as @"Ninurta" pointed out he's bombing the same people who are FIGHTING ISIS!!!

mediumfacepalm mediumexhausted

So my view on Syria? 

Wag the Fucking Dog

Quote:Obviously and clearly it has succeeded in changing the subject matter of the political dialogue. The bombs were TV's lead item and the newspapers' front-page story.

It changed the tone, too.  Fareed Zakaria who had called Trump a "bullsh*t artist" over and over again just a week earlier, now gushed that "Donald Trump became President of the United States." USA Today printed "Trump hits high mark ..." and tweeted "It was a successful week for the president. Will his #winning ways continue." The New York Times wrote, "an emotional President Trump took the greatest risk of his young presidency ... it was an emotional act by a man suddenly aware that the world's problems were now his - and that turning away, to him, was not an option." Matt Lewis, of The Daily Beast, wrote "... very different Donald Trump. More serious - and clearly moved emotionally. Frequently invoked the Almighty." An op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal declared that "President Trump faced his first serious foreign policy test this week ... to the surprise and perhaps frustration of his critics, he passed with flying colours."

If he truly wanted to eliminate ISIS he wouldn't be playing cock measuring contests with Russia and Syria. 

If it WAS the Saudis / Israelis that carried out a False Flag he could be the greatest President we have ever seen by Calling them out and playing cock measure with them. But he wont. He will be the same BS Artist we've had occupying that office my entire life. 

And we will be back to square 1 by the end of his 1st term looking for the next "Mr. Fixer Upper / Mrs. Fixer Upper". 

My $.02

Messages In This Thread
Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by Mystic Wanderer - 04-10-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by Daitengu - 04-10-2017, 04:04 PM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by Daitengu - 04-10-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by Ninurta - 04-12-2017, 06:54 AM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by 1984hasarrived - 04-13-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by guohua - 04-13-2017, 02:55 AM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by 1984hasarrived - 04-13-2017, 05:35 AM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by guohua - 04-13-2017, 05:40 AM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by Ninurta - 04-13-2017, 07:04 AM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by 1984hasarrived - 04-13-2017, 08:19 AM