Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Syria Bombing. Your Opinion?
1984hasarrived
(04-13-2017, 07:04 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm afraid I have to stand with Guohua here. "Trumpgate" and "Russiagate" are non-starters. I've no idea why they were pounded, as I've no clue how much Russia weighs. There just ain't no "there" there. I, Guohua, and a few others here fought the Cold War, when it was a real war, and I for one have no concept of why the left is trying to heat it up again and get it started all over. We beat the piss out of Russia, and then beat them for pissing. There's no reason I can fathom to beat them any more. They're not Soviets any more, and I for one choose to move on, recognizing that Russia is no longer a danger to us.

The danger to us is ISIS and their ilk, and it makes nary a whit of sense to alienate the other folks who are trying to put them down like rabid dogs too. Why are folks insisting on continuing to fight last century's battles, battles which have already been won, and failing to face the new battles this century is presenting?

Other, much  closer dangers are folks like John McCain, Lindsay Graham, Chuck Schumer, and Nancy Pelosi. I've watched them, one by one, fall into line behind Trump 1000% since he bombed Syria - and that after spending months trashing him and trying to block his every move  -  and have to wonder just what that is all about. What I don't wonder is the source of the idea to bomb the good guys. Just watch them line up to glad-hand Trump now in his egregious error, and know what the source is. It's there for anyone with eyeballs to see.

Of course we told Russia we were coming calling with explosives. To do it any other way, violate our agreements, and piss Russia off even more would have been not just suicidal, but highly stupid. Take it from me, they have no sense of humor at all when you try to kill them. Now the Russians, on their way out the gates, also told the Syrians, who promptly and wisely flew their birds to another air field. This means that not only was the bombing stupid, it was also useless... EXCEPT for the propaganda victory it handed ISIS. Mark my words, the next issue of "Rumiyah" is going to be all about how Allah blinded the infidels, the enemies of Allah, and turned them against each other. That, sir of a bona-fide victory for ISIS, pumps up their Allah's rep points, and it's going to go poorly from here on  out if Trump doesn't figure out who the enemy is and get serious about fighting them like he means it.

I think those tomahawks cost 3 mil or so per. If we launched 60 of them, as reported, that was a 180 million dollar victory we gave ISIS. Might as well just have cut 'em a check to fund their propaganda organs and saved the missiles for a rainy day. What's next? Give the sons of bitches a press office of their own in DC?

I do not think there is a cold war about to take place, but there are so many financial links between high up officials in Trump's administration that there are concerns about that.  There has also been huge amounts of contact during the election between people in his administration, and at the minute this is under investigation by the FBI

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/po....html?_r=0
http://www.latimes.com/politics/washingt...story.html

I know that some people will say it is a witch hunt out to topple Trump, but the truth will out.  We are not dealing with "alternative facts", they are "facts".

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnn  ......... whatever lah ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Messages In This Thread
Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by Mystic Wanderer - 04-10-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by Daitengu - 04-10-2017, 04:04 PM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by Daitengu - 04-10-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by Ninurta - 04-12-2017, 06:54 AM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by 1984hasarrived - 04-13-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by guohua - 04-13-2017, 02:55 AM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by 1984hasarrived - 04-13-2017, 05:35 AM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by guohua - 04-13-2017, 05:40 AM
RE: Syria Bombing. Your Opinion? - by Ninurta - 04-13-2017, 07:04 AM