Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President Trump Phone Tapping Claims: Republican Senator Wants Answers.
Great article that I just came across today...

I'll only share a tid-bit of it here.  You can read it in it's entirety at: The Source Article

Quote:Are you telling me Barack Obama didn’t know what was going on?”

Levin insisted on building on the case further.  “The New York Times, ‘intercepted Russian communications part of an inquiry into Trump associate, January 19.  The FBI is leading the investigations aided by the NSA, the CIA, Treasury Department’s financial crimes unit.  The investigators have accelerated their efforts in recent weeks but they have found no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing.’”

“Listen to this, one official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House.”

“Let’s continue, New York Times again, NSA gets more latitude to share intercepted communications in the final days of the Obama administration.  The administration has expanded the power of the NSA to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s sixteen other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.

“Why would do this on the way out the door?  Well, on March 1 we have exhibit 6.  Obama administration rushed to preserve intelligence of Russian election hacking.  In the Obama administration’s last days, listen to this, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Trump and Russians across the government.

“I’m not done!  Exhibit 7.  New York Times, ‘Flynn is said to have talked to Russians about sanctions Trump took office.’  Where’d they get this information?
“Here we have the Washington Post, March 2nd, U.S. investigators have examined contacts Attorney General Sessions had with Russian officials during the time he was advising Donald Trump’s campaign.  The focus of the U.S. counter intelligence investigation has been on communication between Trump campaign officials and Russia. 

“Now listen to this.  The inquiry against Sessions is examining his contacts while serving as Trump’s foreign policy advisor in the SPRING and summer of 2016!”
“This has been going on for a year!”

Hegseth waited until Levin had laid out the entire case as we know it to be so far and then asked him: “As you do on your radio program, you lay out a devastating case based on public documents and not right wing sources but mainstream left-wing sources.  How confident are you that this investigation that was on so-called Russian hacking but that the White House now says will be broadened to look into executive overreach, how confident are you that they’ll be able to find something there?”

Levin responded immediately: “They already found something!  The issue isn’t whether the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign or transition or certain of its surrogates, the issue is the extent of it!  They went into court a second time.  They were so aggressive, they waited four or five months, they go back in October, weeks before the general election, they narrow their request, all of a sudden we have leaks coming out on Flynn, then we have a ‘oh, a horrible meeting that took place between Sessions and so forth,’ and I’m telling you as a former Chief of Staff to an Attorney General of the United States in the Reagan administration, these are police state tactics.
“What did Barack Obama know?  He knew everything I just read to you apart from one or two articles. 
You know how I know?  “IT’S IN THE NEWSPAPERS!!!” 
So Barack Obama not only knew this but he gets a daily intelligence briefing!  And, let me tell you something about daily intelligence briefings, if your Attorney General and your FBI is going to a FISA court to get a warrant to investigate aspects of an opposition party in the middle of a general election campaign how much you want to bet the president of the United States knew that?”

Messages In This Thread
RE: President Trump Phone Tapping Claims: Republican Senator Wants Answers. - by Mystic Wanderer - 03-06-2017, 04:33 PM