Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Democrat's Pray For Your Party NOW or Comment Mutiny
What I will say is that the GOP was in this exact position since the mid 2000's. Nobody in their right mind thought Trump could pull it off (at the start of it at least), we all thought some "normal conservative leader" will run away with it (and try to herald in the new era of the GOP). Yet here we are. 
So as far as the Democrats go, not many people thought of Clinton as the "future of the Dems" anyways, the party is growing increasingly young (if that makes sense  tinylaughing ) and I think Clinton was meant to be a torchbearer to just hold onto the White House until the next generation can take over. 

Personally, Bernie preached a populist message similar to Trump. And like Trump, most of what came out of his mouth is un-workable, politically toxic, and just not realistic. And even though he is a sitting senator he still had that "outsider" vibe (being an independent and all). But he's a half heart beat away from laying in the rotunda so there isn't much of a future there either. 

If I could pick a leader, I would pick a left leaning (but still a truly middle-ground bi-partisan statesman) Iraq War Vet to lead the future. There are plenty of them out there and I think we need our generation's John Glenn. A hero who has been to hell and back to help get the younger generation to be better appreciative of the sacrifices that have been made on their behalf for the last century (and more). @"guohua" and @"BIAD" brought that up in another thread earlier (how the young these days don't seem to be well aware of the red carpet our parents and grand parents tried to lay out for us). 

So whether we agree on the politics or not, that's what I think. Frankly, I'm glad we don't agree on politics because if we all did - we'd select a "Kim" type leader... and that never ends well  minusculebeercheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrat's Pray For Your Party NOW or Comment Mutiny - by DuckforcoveR - 12-11-2016, 05:35 PM