Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation.
Matthew is the most powerful hurricane to threaten the east coast of the US in a generation!  It is now a cat 5! 

[Image: hurricane-matthew-100416.jpg]

Quote:Hurricanes are getting increasingly destructive
Through the fog of presidential politics that has enveloped the media, news of this storm is beginning to reach people and disrupt lives and plans. I for one was at the airport, ready to board a flight to Florida to participate in a climate conference, when I received the news that the conference was likely going to be canceled, and that I should not travel. This is how fast this storm developed.
Matthew turned from a tropical storm into a Category 5 hurricane in just 36 hours, mainly fueled by warmer than average waters. According to Climate Signals, as of October 3, Matthew was the longest-lived Category 4-5 hurricane and had generated the most Accumulated Cyclone Energy (or ACE, a measurement that expresses the activity and destructive potential of individual tropical cyclones and entire tropical cyclone seasons) in the eastern Caribbean of any Atlantic hurricane on record.

I highlighted the sentence above in RED to ask... is this the work of HAARP? Did TPTB "make" this monster in hopes we would focus on something else during this political season, while they do more underhanded work out of the public eye? 
Did they hope it would take the focus off the data dumps that are supposed to be leaked any day now regarding Hillary?

Was this another attempt to get rid of poor areas like Haiti?

Quote:Impacts of disasters fall disproportionately on the world’s poor and vulnerable communities

This is particularly true of disasters with climate connections.
Matthew may end up dumping as much as 40 inches of rain in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, whipping the country with sustained winds of 145 mph (the average annual rainfall in Port-au-Prince is 33.68 inches). Already reports are coming in of the devastation it is bringing to those nations.
Cuba is also in high alert, and a 10 to 15-foot storm surge is expected in the Bahamas, where the average elevation appears to be less than 15 feet.

The impacts from Matthew will be felt by wealthy and poor communities alike, but the latter usually are not well prepared and lack the resources to rebound and get back on their feet in a timely or comprehensive manner. And this is not true only of foreign nations: many communities along the US coast find themselves in the same situation.

All I can say is, keep your eyes peeled to what's happening behind the scenes while coverage of this storm takes over the MSM... I bet something big will be over-looked during this time.

May the God Source be with all those in the path of this monster!

Speaking of monsters, did you all see the image that was captured of this thing yesterday that went viral?  No, that's not photo shoppe!  This was posted by my local weather station.

[Image: 14479580_1837184876502367_65581746117985...e=58AB5CF3]

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...

The chart below show that hurricanes in the North Atlantic region have been intensifying over the past 40 years.

[Image: gw-impacts-graph-hurricane-categories-3-...r-time.jpg] 

Below shows the expected path Matthew will take over the next few days:

[Image: nhc-forecast-matthew-track_100516_0500ET.gif]

You can stay up to date and read more about this storm from the Source Page.

And here comes another one!  May I introduce Tropical Cyclone Nicole!  And she is headed on a Northeast path!
Go to the page to see an image and read about this one: Source Link

So, what happens when/if these two storms collide?
What major damage can still be expected around Washington DC and NY?

Anyone else here think this has been planned out by someone in a "higher power"?  No, I'm not talking about GOD! 
Although, on second thought, He could be so disgusted with the US He figured it was time to get rid of the scum trying to control the masses.   minusculeflamethrower I'm all in for that!   minusculecheers

I guess we will have to brace ourselves and see what is in store over the next week, or so.

Messages In This Thread
Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation. - by Mystic Wanderer - 10-05-2016, 07:26 PM