Rogue-Nation3
Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation. - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: Mother Earth (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Forces of Nature (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation. (/thread-941.html)

Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation. - Mystic Wanderer - 10-05-2016

Matthew is the most powerful hurricane to threaten the east coast of the US in a generation!  It is now a cat 5! 

[Image: hurricane-matthew-100416.jpg]

Quote:Hurricanes are getting increasingly destructive
Through the fog of presidential politics that has enveloped the media, news of this storm is beginning to reach people and disrupt lives and plans. I for one was at the airport, ready to board a flight to Florida to participate in a climate conference, when I received the news that the conference was likely going to be canceled, and that I should not travel. This is how fast this storm developed.
Matthew turned from a tropical storm into a Category 5 hurricane in just 36 hours, mainly fueled by warmer than average waters. According to Climate Signals, as of October 3, Matthew was the longest-lived Category 4-5 hurricane and had generated the most Accumulated Cyclone Energy (or ACE, a measurement that expresses the activity and destructive potential of individual tropical cyclones and entire tropical cyclone seasons) in the eastern Caribbean of any Atlantic hurricane on record.

I highlighted the sentence above in RED to ask... is this the work of HAARP? Did TPTB "make" this monster in hopes we would focus on something else during this political season, while they do more underhanded work out of the public eye? 
Did they hope it would take the focus off the data dumps that are supposed to be leaked any day now regarding Hillary?

Was this another attempt to get rid of poor areas like Haiti?

Quote:Impacts of disasters fall disproportionately on the world’s poor and vulnerable communities

This is particularly true of disasters with climate connections.
Matthew may end up dumping as much as 40 inches of rain in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, whipping the country with sustained winds of 145 mph (the average annual rainfall in Port-au-Prince is 33.68 inches). Already reports are coming in of the devastation it is bringing to those nations.
Cuba is also in high alert, and a 10 to 15-foot storm surge is expected in the Bahamas, where the average elevation appears to be less than 15 feet.

The impacts from Matthew will be felt by wealthy and poor communities alike, but the latter usually are not well prepared and lack the resources to rebound and get back on their feet in a timely or comprehensive manner. And this is not true only of foreign nations: many communities along the US coast find themselves in the same situation.

All I can say is, keep your eyes peeled to what's happening behind the scenes while coverage of this storm takes over the MSM... I bet something big will be over-looked during this time.

May the God Source be with all those in the path of this monster!

Speaking of monsters, did you all see the image that was captured of this thing yesterday that went viral?  No, that's not photo shoppe!  This was posted by my local weather station.

[Image: 14479580_1837184876502367_65581746117985...e=58AB5CF3]

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...

The chart below show that hurricanes in the North Atlantic region have been intensifying over the past 40 years.

[Image: gw-impacts-graph-hurricane-categories-3-...r-time.jpg] 

Below shows the expected path Matthew will take over the next few days:

[Image: nhc-forecast-matthew-track_100516_0500ET.gif]

You can stay up to date and read more about this storm from the Source Page.

And here comes another one!  May I introduce Tropical Cyclone Nicole!  And she is headed on a Northeast path!
Go to the page to see an image and read about this one: Source Link

So, what happens when/if these two storms collide?
What major damage can still be expected around Washington DC and NY?

Anyone else here think this has been planned out by someone in a "higher power"?  No, I'm not talking about GOD! 
Although, on second thought, He could be so disgusted with the US He figured it was time to get rid of the scum trying to control the masses.   minusculeflamethrower I'm all in for that!   minusculecheers

I guess we will have to brace ourselves and see what is in store over the next week, or so.

RE: Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation. - senona - 10-06-2016

We were working long hours this past week, never saw the news or weather.

We were definitely caught off guard when we found out there was a storm out there at CAT 4.

At first, I thought oh shit, please do not go into the Gulf of Mexico.
Then we saw the prediction of the hurricane's path.
At first we were relieved, then worried. We have family/friends along the East coast.

Hope there won't be too many deaths associated with it.
And when the officials tell the people to evacuate, hope they will listen.

Often times, people stay behind thinking they can weather it out. (pun intended).
But the end results, are not so nice.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the people that will be affected by the storm.

------

My first experience with riding out a hurricane was shortly after we moved down South.
"I survived hurricane Frederick of '79"...was the motto. Ha.

We came out okay, lots of trees down, swimming pool took weeks to get cleaned out.
No power for about 2 weeks.

What I remember the most about the hurricane, was the damn constant howling of the wind.
As a young teen, that drove me up the wall and it was kinda scary. THE. WIND. NEVER. STOPPED.
And being in the dark for hours, did not help none. ha.

Mom had me stay in the closet under the steps....but you could still hear it howling, and as a kid, my imagination was running wild.  tinyhuh

----

ETA: nice spooky Doppler image BTW.

RE: Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation. - senona - 10-06-2016

Hurricane Matthew leaves 16 dead in destructive march toward U.S.

Quote:Tropical storm conditions are expected to reach parts of the Florida coast by early Thursday, intensifying to hurricane conditions in some areas later that day, the National Hurricane Center warned. Matthew had top sustained winds of 115 mph, a Category 3 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson scale, Wednesday evening and is forecast to strengthen in coming days, the center said.

"People have less than 24 hours to prepare," Scott said. "Having a plan could be the difference between life and death."

Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina declared states of emergency ahead of the most powerful storm to rock the Atlantic basin since Hurricane Felix killed more than 100 people, most in Nicaragua, in 2007.

“Residents and visitors should take evacuation orders seriously,” Federal Emergency Management Agency chief W. Craig Fugate said.

“This is a major hurricane that has the potential to cause significant harm to life and property.”

Wednesday evening the storm was about 325 miles southeast of West Palm Beach heading northwest at 10 mph. The storm had weakened but was expected to strengthen later Wednesday and on Thursday, according to the National Hurricane Center.

According to the latest forecast, they think the eye of the hurricane will be closer to FL than previously thought.

Sure hope the people will evacuate or take shelter if needed.

RE: Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation. - DuckforcoveR - 10-07-2016

Scary indeed   tinycrying

As crazy as it sounds I almost think this monster would do less damage with a direct hit. For the place it hits of course, that would be bad. But this thing is going to grind and carve out half of the eastern seaboard. 

I just hope people listen to the warnings and leave material stuff behind. I know it's easier said than done but still, life isn't something to play around with. Those who stay, I don't blame them in the least. Again, it's easy to sit in Wisconsin about 20 hours away and dictate what others should and shouldn't do. I just hope they prepare enough to ride it out like a beast. Food, water, beer, you know - the essentials. 

Stay safe Florida and every other state this thing is going to chainsaw through.

RE: Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation. - Mystic Wanderer - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 12:44 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Scary indeed   tinycrying

As crazy as it sounds I almost think this monster would do less damage with a direct hit. For the place it hits of course, that would be bad. But this thing is going to grind and carve out half of the eastern seaboard. 

Let's just hope it doesn't impact the St. Lucie Nuclear Power Plant, which at this time seems like it's going to get a direct hit!!
See my latest thread about this.

RE: Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation. - DuckforcoveR - 10-07-2016

I was just reading that a minute ago. Got called away for a sec but my first thought was "wait, we have a plant in hurricane alley?!?!"

I'll comment shortly  tinybiggrin

RE: Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation. - Mystic Wanderer - 10-07-2016

Haiti Says Nearly 300 Died in Hurricane Matthew

I don't know how to post this video, since it's not a You Tube video, but you can watch it on the source page.

Quote:The Haitian government drastically raised the death toll on Thursday from Hurricane Matthew, with officials saying that at least 283 people had been killed instead of the half-dozen or so reported initially.
They said the figure was likely to rise further as international aid groups and government agencies began reaching the worst-affected areas in the south, which was slammed by Matthew on Tuesday with 145-mile-per-hour winds and torrential rain.
Since then, much of the southern areas have been essentially in the dark. Communications and even physical access were shut off, as cell service faltered and a bridge connecting the capital to the southern areas collapsed.
But now that transportation and at least some communication has been restored, knowledge about the extent of Matthew’s power, and the deaths caused by it, have become clearer.
“There is severe damage to the communities, and hundreds of deaths are expected and many more injured,” said Enzo di Taranto, the head of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in Haiti. “There will be a severe impact on the environment, agriculture and water systems.”
“Schools, hospitals and police stations, everything that was there when the hurricane hit was in some way damaged, because of the strengths of the wind,” Mr. di Taranto said.

[Image: 07haiti-web2-master675.jpg]

Quote:On Wednesday, officials said the hurricane’s damage had forced them to postpone an already-delayed presidential election set for Sunday in the country of 11 million, poorest in the Western Hemisphere.

The current government is an interim administration that was to be replaced in the Sunday election. There is no word on when that vote will be rescheduled.

Read more of this story here: LINK

Hummm....  very interesting!!!   minusculethinking

RE: Matthew Is the Most Powerful Atlantic Hurricane in a Generation. - senona - 10-07-2016

So sad about Haiti.

But when you look at their homes, which are nothing more than huts, you can see why so much tragedy.

Hell, they never really recovered from the damn earthquake.
And now this....

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Haiti.

Of course, I'm sure the wealthy people there will be taken care of first if they need the help.
The regular person there, just gets looked over it seems, being as many are still living in make shift huts from the devastating EQ.