Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween vs. Samhain - It's All a Matter of Timing
(10-11-2022, 04:09 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Similar to the Day of the Dead in Mexico I imagine. Still, how is the Christian version similar? I never looked into Halloween, I thought it was a Catholic deal with Saints and all, so I didn't really give a shit. Thanks for the cool information at any rate.

Here is a video that explains some of the wonky early and medieval Christian beliefs about the dead, many of which are nowadays blamed on "pagans".

TRIGGER WARNING: there is some truly grotie shit in this video. Oh, those wacky Christians! I've seen and done a lot of questionable things, but there are lines in this video that even I wouldn't cross, not even in my scariest nightmares.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Halloween vs. Samhain - It's All a Matter of Timing - by Ninurta - 10-12-2022, 06:14 PM