Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
N. Korea says USA has crossed the red line
My grandpa received a purple heart and a lifetime of bad dreams & flashbacks from Korea. Marine Recon (hell, everybody for that matter) had it rough during that war.

With that said (and I'm not a fan AT ALL of decades of foreign intervention that only seemed to line pockets and attempt to prove moot points about political systems and those in power), if there is one battle worth fighting in my lifetime it is this one. We can go on and on about human rights in NK vs the Saudis, Russians, Chinese, Americans, etc. We all have dirt-bags & ulterior motives at the top.

But the US has invaded countries to topple drug smuggling dictators on one continent only to overthrow the one group of people who keeping the flood of heroin behind a dam (a damn of religious intolerance and stone-age practices mind you...but still).

We have heard the drum beat of war over WMD's and watched as our troops fought, died, killed, and still suffer (and some will for their lives). We listened as they told us for the last decade that Iran is "1 year from a bomb". In fact, Bibby himself is the star of a pretty eye-opening youtube video showing his collage of "1 year away" claims.

And yet, on the other side of the world we have an "all of the above" scenario for brutality, totalitarianism, short trigger, AND THE ACTUAL ABILITY TO FOLLOW THROUGH ON THREATS! There needs to be no UN meeting where Colin Powel shows satellite pictures of yellow cake rings or mustard facilities, no. We watched as our seismometers picked up the shock of actual nuclear explosions.

Missile testing, advancements with their arsenal, and their constant threats to actually use them are too much to take in. We are absolutely insane for letting this happen.

I'm in the Midwest right now and don't wake up every day worrying about a NK nuke strike. Even those in Cali I'm sure are like "meh". But our allies in that region? Minutes after an order Seoul is a wasteland. Tokyo, gone. Hundreds of millions of people are minutes away from this maniacs bad day.

It's truly astonishing. All of the memes aside (which I love by the way) we are going have to explain this to our grandchildren some day. Why we stand by and watch while telling everyone about our "moral compass" and "place in the world". tinycrying

Messages In This Thread
RE: N. Korea says USA has crossed the red line - by DuckforcoveR - 07-29-2016, 05:22 PM