Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings
(07-09-2016, 10:37 AM)BIAD Wrote: Is this about fast-track training in the Police Force?
The cop seemed very nervous (and I certainly can't blame him!)

I don't think so. I believe it's more about federalizing local police, giving the central power even more control over local matters, and it's about militarizing the local police, making them a subsidiary of the standing army of the entire nation. Both processes have been going on for some time now, accelerated by the Department of Homeland Security, with their Fusion Centers ("Fusion" as in annexing local law enforcement as units of the national military), creation of local SWAT teams where none existed before, and up-armoring every little podunk town in the nation.

As an example, when I was a teenager, there were NO Swat teams in existence anywhere in this region I am in. When I was taking my police training as a young man somewhat later, SWAT teams were still a novelty, found only in the larger urban battlefields.

NOW, in this little podunk place, I had to face down a 12 man SWAT team invading my yard and trying (unsuccessfully) to break into my home unbidden a couple of years ago. I'll tell you the truth, there is a pretty high pucker factor involved in facing that many armed men, pointing assault weapons at you from behind their heavily armored carcasses, when all you have to hand hand is a night shirt and a strong will. It was facing a small army (literally, a mob of soldiers), in what could have become a young war, and there is nothing quite like it for feeling naked on a podium.

Every week or so, I drive past the local PD on my way to get groceries in town, and there is a bright, shiny, black up-armored humvee sitting in the parking lot, just waiting for the outbreak of civil war precipitated by an overbearing Federal government. The feds just up and gave it to the locals to federalize them, courtesy of DHS, and that in a town boasting a declining population of 1,021 souls (2010 census), down from 1,105 in the year 2000.

Nope, it's about Federal control over every little burg in the country under the guise of "standardization", and minimizing the power of localities to find their own solutions that actually work for them and their local constituents in favor of centralized iron-handed control from hundreds of miles away.

it's about building an empire and subjugating the citizens.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: 11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings - by Ninurta - 07-09-2016, 04:27 PM