Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Hold my Beer..." - Elon Musk
Quote:My point to all of this, again, we shouldn't race to Mars simply to get to Mars.
But I think I would be preaching to the choir here by saying sometimes Government should just step aside and
let innovators & dreamers take their shot. 

I agree and agree with Guohua as well!
The long-held perception of space is that it is 'Government-owned' -that is whichever country strives to put a craft
into space, tends to be funded with public-acquired monies.

The US and Russia should've pushed on after the lunar visits and maybe they did in a clandestine way, but after
almost four decades of low-orbit farting around, it was fairly obvious that a private entrepreneur would eventually
pick up the baton.

Sure, let the billionaires invest in space and reap the rewards. When it comes to expanding our species in this vast
universe, getting there is far-more important than who pays for it.

And another thing, how many times as a Government picked up the pieces when a private company has gone broke...?
When it comes to thinking about all the opportunities for human development out there among the stars, one person's
cash is as good as another's.

The crying-shame is that the rugged technology used for travelling to the moon has been lost in favour of relying on
computers. The will to survive is always a better device than a soulless machine.

If Musk thinks he can do it, he should do it. There's no sign in space saying 'Government Property, Keep Off!''
(But we should've already done it!)
In my humble opinion.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
"Hold my Beer..." - Elon Musk - by DuckforcoveR - 04-21-2019, 04:55 AM
RE: "Hold my Beer..." - Elon Musk - by guohua - 04-21-2019, 06:35 AM
RE: "Hold my Beer..." - Elon Musk - by BIAD - 04-21-2019, 09:01 AM
RE: "Hold my Beer..." - Elon Musk - by guohua - 04-21-2019, 05:51 PM