Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Branch Of Humans Discovered.
(02-17-2020, 11:59 AM)gordi Wrote: I'm a bit confused....

If a "Ghost Population" mated with "the ancestors of modern humans" and their DNA is still present in
modern humans.... then aren't THEY TOO "the ancestors of modern humans"??

I would think so, we're not talking about a lot of years in terms of the age of the planet, but one of the
problems we have is our perception of anthropology as a science, yet the reality is it's open to interpretation.

The 'Clovis' debate (believed to have been mammoth hunters, likely arrived via the Bering land bridge that
once linked Asia and Alaska) is still being held onto in regards of the Americas, but there's evidence that
humans were inhabiting that continent long before the unshaven spear-throwers got there.

Who they were is still in debate and it hints that humans were all over the place and in different times, but this
damages an accepted theory. So it comes down to rationalising with the limited evidence we have and since the
Australopithecus anamensis recently found in Ethiopia cranks our lineage back to 3.8 million years (beating Lucy
of 3.2 million age), the space between apes and man becomes more cloudy!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7175]
Australopithecus anamensis.

So who's to say when tribes of similar upright apes split-up and decided to comb their hair differently...?
Let's be candid, where they originated is only based on where the fragments are discovered! It's a jigsaw that
will possibly show us a description of ourselves as a species that we never guessed at and maybe not want to
know.

As you say, we are a 'melting pot' of ancestors and I find it ironic that we're currently live in a society that likes
to throw insults around of race and gender, when the only concerns the poor chap above would've had was
whether he was going to be alive the next morning!

We all came from somewhere and in a small amount of time, we're told that we evolved into the only creature
that can destroy the planet it lives on. Quite a title to be proud of...I don't think. The 'Ghost' ancestors might
show us that we were capable of much more and the real way of interacting as a species.

Of course, grab yourself a Bigfoot body and all of it goes out of the  window!
minusculethumbsup

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by BIAD - 04-11-2019, 09:25 PM
RE: Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by Wallfire - 02-17-2020, 10:20 AM
RE: Another Branch Of Humans Discovered. - by BIAD - 02-17-2020, 12:30 PM